Lazy property manager.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new around here, stumbled across these forums a few months ago and love all the helpful posts!

Was just after people's thoughts on my situation regarding the way my property manager has presented my apartment for rent.

She has listed it as a 2 bed 1 bth and no car space, although in the description she has mentioned that it has a car bay. I feel like she's put no effort into making it look appealing in her description. She has only put one photo up even though they have plenty of photos of it from last time it got listed and to top it all off she hasn't got any times up for open for inspections.

What do you guys think? Am I just over thinking it or does it look like she's doing a terrible job? I'd appreciate any advice from anyone who has been in a similar situation. Signed a contract to let them manage my apartment till Feb 2015.

Cheers,

Dillon

Last edited:
No expense spared on this one.

Of course there aren't any set open times - the place is still occupied until 19 November

There have been over 1300 views, she must be doing something right.

Of course there aren't any set open times - the place is still occupied until 19 November

There have been over 1300 views, she must be doing something right.

The fact it is occupied for another couple of weeks doesn't mean she cannot open it for 15 minutes each Saturday morning.

I would be pushing to have photos put up and have an open house each weekend.

Most people will have to give two weeks' notice so now is the time to start finding a tenant, not when the sitting tenant vacates. You risk losing two weeks that way whereas advertising and opening it up now could mean you lose a week at most (to allow for cleaning etc).

Hi Dillion, I noticed there are 55 properties for lease in Mosman Park and this agent has a number of properties for lease in your price range including on similar for $10 per week cheaper. Are you priced right to compete? You suggestion or agents for $410?. Yes should have more photos. No open homes not needed he may be showing as applicants call them. Maybe the current tenant is being difficult in allowing applicants through? Have you had discussions with the agent re inspections, photos, price inspections? How is the market? As mentioned a lot of places for lease in Mosman Park, the demand for fully furnished would be small as well?:eek:

Hey Dillon

Good to see you posting on the forum :)

It's great that they're marketing it one month out from it being available - some PM's drop the ball on that which leads to a vacancy period.

I agree that it doesn't look like too much effort has gone into the ad though. Maybe it's due to not being able to take pics whilst it's tenanted?

Perhaps there are other pics on file from when it was listed last time that they could use?

1300 views is massive though! Hopefully it will be easy to rent out.

Cheers

Jamie

most of the websites are quite strict with how you list the parking. The reason they have listed as no car space and then had the text specifying a parking bay is because the advertising refers to covered car spaces :).

I think she could pad it out a bit more about access to the pool for summer and the security of the complex and the care taker. Just a bit of fluff.

Mostly the photos are what is missing. if they have some older ones they can use until they have access for newer ones to be taken that would be ideal :).

Some tenants are absolute pains when it comes to access for opens so have a chat with your PM and see what the hold up is.

Thanks for the replies. I finally got on to her and there are now pictures up and she has indicated it has a car space now so all in all I'm a lot happier! Just hoping it does get rented out easily, as yes, there is currently a high vacancy rate in the area. It's good to get some feed back to confirm what I was already thinking.

And yes spludgey, sometimes it feels like that for me too! haha.

Cheers everyone.

Back