Lazy QLD agents...grrrr

I just need to get this off my chest...
we are wanting to sell our IP. We are based in melbourne so have to do everything by phone and email.

I have contacted 2 agencies to value the property and based on their service we were going to decide who to list it with.

I have contacted this one agency once in past about doing an evaluation and the agent never called back. So i thought id give them another go and called and spoke to a very uninterested sales agent who said she would have the evaluation to me by friday (last week) nothing!!!

I am so angry i am wondering if i should write to the director and tell him he has missed out on our listing due to unfriendly, lazy agents.....or is that just petty and should i just get over it and move on!??

I work with agents down here in Melbourne and they have a completely different attitude, they work for your listing and dont take it for granted (generally) why is it not the same in QLD?

Anyway i suppose ill go with the other agency who got back to me within hours and had the paperwork in the mail the next day......smaller agency though so im not sure if they are going to be the best bet. Anyway thanks for reading my VENT!

I understand your frustration, but aren't you way over-generalising? You've talked to two agents, one of whom sounds like they've been great, and based on the ONE bad agent, you've surmised that "Queensland agents" are different to Melbourne agents? :D

If you tell us where you're planning to sell, perhaps one of the forumites can recommend one of the great ones. :)

If it is nth side brisbane i can put you onto several good agents - i have recently left the industry there myself and know most of them.

elsewhere, let me know the town an i will do some homework for you...there are a lot of good agents out there, it can just be hard to find them at times.

cheers
UC

Doug Wilson from Henzells does your stuff area so try him. youll have to look up the number yourself I dont have it.

Henzells...caloundra area??

if that is the case i would also HIGHLY recommend Heather De Fina from Harcourts at Caloundra. I cannot speak highly of her enough...she used to train me as a business development officer for Harcourts and is one of the most impressive people you will ever speak to...inside and outside of real estate.

[FONT=&quot]0400 499 140 or 07 5438 0055[/FONT]

yeah but you already pushed that in another thread and neaka's still lookin...

also ken guy if that makes your locality bs work for you

I push her because i know her as one of the best around...

if she is the one who sounded disinterested etc and hasn't gotten back then i must apologise for that and say how VERY surprised i am... she is an incredible agent - but if as you say she has not done the job then i am incredibly disappointed.

and sorry, i didn't realise that this was a related thread...should prob check more often! ;-)

and yes Neaka, i would certainly be writing to the Principal of the agency concerned and lodging a complaint. It may not go anywhere, but the agents concerned just may well get a kick in the butt and improve the way they deal with people from now on!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the recs i will definitely look into those. Thanks urban cowboy I will look up Heather as I really want someone with a bit of drive especially in this market. Will also look up Doug and ken guy! Thank you!

And yes in my moment of frustration i did WAYYYYYY over-generalize I know all QLD agents arnt the same and yes i have met rude and lazy agents in Melbourne too and Sydney so sorry for the gross generalization!!
Im over it now! I vented!

Thanks again everyone!

Back