Leasing IP to Mining Companies etc

Hi All,

Has anyone successfully leased their IP's directly to a mining or transport company in central or Nth Qld ??

We have a few IPs in Nth Qld.. but never seem to get the perfect lease - its always just locals.

Any hints/strategies? How do the mining companies usually organise their staff housing -- do they approach real estate agents / property managers?

What are your properties like?

I lease to several big companies directly, they just apply through the normal channels, and use realesate.com.au etc.

I have a few friends working for large engineering firms in northern QLD, and they ALL live in corporate paid accommodation. All the places are brand spanking new and top of the line. I assume that big companies look for these types of properties, so depending on what it is that you own, that may be your problem.

Hi,
Thanks for replying. Fair call regarding condition of proeprties - most of our places aren't what theminers woudl be looking for. But there is one that we built new -- good standard of home - but never had interest from the miners. At the moment its rented by school teachers. I'd liek to try and get a long-term lease (i.e. 2 or 3 yrs plus).
See what happens I suppose.

Hi,
Thanks for replying. Fair call regarding condition of proeprties - most of our places aren't what theminers woudl be looking for. But there is one that we built new -- good standard of home - but never had interest from the miners. At the moment its rented by school teachers. I'd liek to try and get a long-term lease (i.e. 2 or 3 yrs plus).
See what happens I suppose.

Like with many things...............if you want something out of the norm, there is only person that can do it

Me, or in this case ..........You.........

Could u find out what companies are in town, and contact their HR folks directly ?

ta
rol

I used to organise this sort of thing. Basically the applicable party would find the property they wanted and we would just handle the lease paperwork.

As said before, mainly dealing with newer properties. Also we never looked at leases longer than 12+ months as there was the risk of someone leaving and not being able to fill the house.

I don't think you'll get much response by calling around HR departments to be honest either.

Back