Leasing property to a council.

Had a meeting with council reps today to discuss the impacts of the roadworks on my property. The project is about 12 months long so that means it will be constant disturbances for tenants. This meeting gave me an idea: why don't i lease it to the council as a site office?
I put it forward to them at the end of the meeting, half jokingly, but the more i think about it, the more sense it makes.

They told me that they plan to use the empty block of land around the corner for the site office, however i think if they use my property instead it will be a win-win situation.

For me i guess it would be a commercial lease on resi property, with all the perks, plus not having to find a tenant to stay during roadworks. For them it will be better site, which provides overview of the whole working area, whereas from the block they plan to use you can't see anything.
Also they get a normal house with all the utilities, rather than temporary sheds and they get better security since it's fenced off from two sides and has buildings around. The block they plan is a corner block and has woods around.

Is there anything I'm missing here?
How would i go about convincing council to go ahead with it?

How would i go about convincing council to go ahead with it?

All of the reasons you mentioned above plus need to take into consideration cost of renting a demountable and supplying toilet.

They would probably worry that you would want inspections and complain about muddy boots and generally act like a resi LL. You would need to reassure them on that point.

Back