Leasing Vehicle or Buy

Have not researched this yet, but thinking whether it is worth looking at leasing a vehicle under my company.

Anyone do this? My g/friend just organised this and I think is paying $1300 per month, luxury vehicle. Not sure how it works, I suspect there is some form of ballooning with this.

Curious to know if anyone is doing this pros/cons, I have always purchased outright, but now that I have set up a company it may just work???

Cheers
MTR:)

The big companies all do it. They must do it for a reason. I think it's mostly a cashflow thing for them and no need to keep vehicle at the end.

I did the sums, didn't stack up for me even under the business. I had the assets to purchase the car up front. Saving of about $10k.

I novated lease my old car. Seach on novated leases on here and you find some pros and cons.

It depends on how many years you lease for what the residual % is.

Have not researched this yet, but thinking whether it is worth looking at leasing a vehicle under my company.

Anyone do this? My g/friend just organised this and I think is paying $1300 per month, luxury vehicle. Not sure how it works, I suspect there is some form of ballooning with this.

Curious to know if anyone is doing this pros/cons, I have always purchased outright, but now that I have set up a company it may just work???

Cheers
MTR:)

MTR
When i had my own consulting company i had an E240 on hire purchase, the company paid everything. Just beware of FBT so seek advice from your tax accountant.

Check out Sgfleet.com.au. They have a calculator you can use. And you can chat to them and work out if it's feasible for you.

I think utes are FBT free?

If suitable get yourself a nice V8 Commodore ute. Great for the property investor, you can throw a couple bags of cement in the back!

I think utes are FBT free?

If suitable get yourself a nice V8 Commodore ute. Great for the property investor, you can throw a couple bags of cement in the back!

Why, so that you can get a better workout when pushing it home?

Spoke to SGfleet or other companies offering novated lease. Normally they are quick and helpful in responding to your query, eg a quotation including the after tax $ impact and related saving.

I did novated lease for my Lexus and it works out for me. Saving me 3-4 thousand dollars each year.

Check out Sgfleet.com.au. They have a calculator you can use. And you can chat to them and work out if it's feasible for you.

Hi mate, how long have you been with SG fleet? i am a director of a company with one other shareholder. I have been trying to look into something like this but seem to get all confused of best direction to take.

would you recommend them?

Hi mate, how long have you been with SG fleet? i am a director of a company with one other shareholder. I have been trying to look into something like this but seem to get all confused of best direction to take.

would you recommend them?

I've been with them just over a year. You would have to choose an amount you want to pay for a car, get a quote from SG and take it to your accountant.
Do the sums and see if it's feasible for you.

Back