Left wing political group orchestrating home buyers strike...

Makes you think the power that is out there,anyone with a open mind would see straight through all this,just wait till Gold goes above $2000.00 US..
The metals markets are the same... there are so many rumours/myths/conspiracies circulating. I would not be surprised to hear those with vested interests are driving these stories. No doubt the stories will intensify as the bull market goes bubble. Talk of COMEX busting, physical delivery failure, manipulation, questions about official holdings, etc, maybe some of it will be proved true, but more likely these stories will just be what sucks in the gullible public right before the bubble busts...

I would suggest that someone that claims to know anything at all about property would not be listening to RE agents...
It was a joke. Joe said something about RE's knowing what's going on. RE's seem to think it's a great time to buy, all the time. Hence my post.
They potentially talk to hundreds of people per week in relation to property, if there's anyone on the pulse of property market sentiment it would be real estate agents. If you're suggesting otherwise or that you have better insight I'd love to hear more...

The problem is not seeing through it, but timing it. You could've been calling a sharemarket bubble since 06, but if you went out too early you would've missed out on millions.

There were people who made millions and millions in 06 and 07 during the bull market, and people who made millions and millions overnight when volatility went crazy in 08. Then in 10 when the small caps boomed, I again saw many made millions and millions.

They potentially talk to hundreds of people per week in relation to property, if there's anyone on the pulse of property market sentiment it would be real estate agents. If you're suggesting otherwise or that you have better insight I'd love to hear more...

But isn't that like sayign the fox has insight into the chickens in the hen house?

Having insight into something does not mean someone would act in a prospective purchasers interest. Indeed an agent has a fiduciary duty to the vendor to sell a property.

They would not be doing their job if they said anything other than this property looks good and is in a real growth area...

The metals markets are the same... there are so many rumours/myths/conspiracies circulating. I would not be surprised to hear those with vested interests are driving these stories. No doubt the stories will intensify as the bull market goes bubble. Talk of COMEX busting, physical delivery failure, manipulation, questions about official holdings, etc, maybe some of it will be proved true, but more likely these stories will just be what sucks in the gullible public right before more bubble bursts...

I'm banking on this kind of stuff being the indicator of when most likely to crystallise my profit.

Having insight into something does not mean someone would act in a prospective purchasers interest.
tom32, suggest you go back and read the context of my comments and the link. I'm not saying they would provide buyers with honest market sentiment, the discussion was around how much influence articles can have on market sentiment.

I'm banking on this kind of stuff being the indicator of when most likely to crystallise my profit.
That's going to be a tricky indicator to measure! We're already seeing some coverage of the 'manipulation' in the MSM. There was even CNBC coverage of a coin show the other day and they suggested "make sure you buy physical", I almost fell out of my chair :D

They (RE Agents) potentially talk to hundreds of people per week in relation to property, if there's anyone on the pulse of property market sentiment it would be real estate agents. If you're suggesting otherwise or that you have better insight I'd love to hear more...

Have you ever heard a Real Estate Agent say, "No, I don't think you should buy this house. Now is not a good time to buy. Wait 6 months and see how things are going then."

This forum is incredibly bias and well regarded as one which is riding a high from the last 10 years of growth. I wonjder how many leveraged up young investors are on this forum. Will be interesting to see the tears when prices fall or stagnante.

That is the thing about investing ! No one ever tells anyone
when they lose money !
im 30, two properties and 550k mortgage (80%) in the bank... im just starting in this game so if the price do crash, yes i will cry but i will pick myself up again and give it another go rather than sitting in front my pc and pity myself

Have you ever heard a Real Estate Agent say, "No, I don't think you should buy this house. Now is not a good time to buy. Wait 6 months and see how things are going then."
What does this have to do with anything? :confused: Did you read my reply to tom32?

tom32, suggest you go back and read the context of my comments and the link. I'm not saying they would provide buyers with honest market sentiment, the discussion was around how much influence articles can have on market sentiment.

OK, so real estate agents are the pulse of real estate sentiment.

That I can agree with.

I don't mean to sound patronising but broadly speaking the term on the pulse mean's having an understanding of something and specifically having all the available information at hand to make decisions by monitoring something closely. It is such a usefull turn of phrase that I use it regularly with others where I work, i.e. "you have to keep on the pulse with these productivity measures guys, please, monitor that more closely."

how was Leightons form, eh? Thats what happens when you are not on the pulse in this game...

Anyway, I can see now going over it again and reading the thread as a whole that you were referring to drivers of market sentiment not readers of it.

I have made this mistake with these forums before, as quite often posts in isolation have a different ordinary meaning than what they have when read with their place in the thread understood.

The metals markets are the same... there are so many rumours/myths/conspiracies circulating. I would not be surprised to hear those with vested interests are driving these stories. No doubt the stories will intensify as the bull market goes bubble. Talk of COMEX busting, physical delivery failure, manipulation, questions about official holdings, etc, maybe some of it will be proved true, but more likely these stories will just be what sucks in the gullible public right before the bubble busts...

There was a great comparison story about this in one of RK's books - "Rich Dad's Prophecy".

It talks of the farmer (Stockmarket Industry) fattening up the chickens (us penguins) over a period of time in readiness for the chop (Market Crash).

In the Stockmarket scenario, the supposed manipulators and main players doctor the market, wait until the time is right, then dump all their shares which triggers a collapse, then buy them back after the carnage settles.

Incidentally, he also predicts a crash of huge magnitude will occur somewhere around 2012-14, and goes on to give the reasons why.

It's a very interesting read. Some will say it's all BS of course.

Not unsurprisingly its been less than a succcess.
A few pages back now...
You may look at the campaign as a failure, I see it as a success. Off the top of my head the strike was covered:

Covered initially on SMH/Domain Blog
Front and centre on websites the next day: SMH/WA Today/The Age
Had coverage on Yahoo News
Kochie interviewed David Collyer on Sunrise
Prompted REIV to make a statement suggesting it won't work
Barefoot Investor mentions in a recent article
Interviews on multiple radio stations

That's all off the top of my head, I guarantee you there was more.

It got people talking. It planted the seed of doubt.
By the way, anyone aware of a faster growing thread that's this long on Somersoft?!

Incidentally, he also predicts a crash of huge magnitude will occur somewhere around 2012-14, and goes on to give the reasons why.
The way things are heading it would not surprise me. We're just printing away to kick the can down the road, but I suspect the end result if we stay on the same path will be a larger collapse than we've seen over the last few years.

There was a great comparison story about this in one of RK's books - "Rich Dad's Prophecy".

It talks of the farmer (Stockmarket Industry) fattening up the chickens (us penguins) over a period of time in readiness for the chop (Market Crash).

In the Stockmarket scenario, the supposed manipulators and main players doctor the market, wait until the time is right, then dump all their shares which triggers a collapse, then buy them back after the carnage settles.

It's a very interesting read. Some will say it's all BS of course.

Wasn't the main premise of the timing prediction RDP that the baby boomers will be retiring, taking their money out of super (401k) and hence reducing capital in the market? So with more sellers than buyers... well, we know what that does to prices.

The article raises some fair points, but how is welcoming a bust anymore malicios than welcoming a boom by those who already own? How about the comments that got posted on domain while the bubble was in full swing?

The campaign will ultimately prove self-defeating because it’s more about venting helpless rage and the delights of schadenfreude than putting out real solutions to the nation’s housing affordability crisis.
Since the strike has been highlighted in MSM I have noticed an increase in coverage of affordability topics (and Prosper/Keen and others have made suggestions on policy changes that could help), such as proposed changes to negative gearing, negativity around government intervention/stimulus in the market and more. I would say the strike was never intended to "work" in a conventional sense...

The article raises some fair points, but how is welcoming a bust anymore malicios than welcoming a boom by those who already own? How about the comments that got posted on domain while the bubble was in full swing?

Are you serious? The effect on the broader economy would be the main reason.

Since the strike has been highlighted in MSM I have noticed an increase in coverage of affordability topics (and Prosper/Keen and others have made suggestions on policy changes that could help), such as proposed changes to negative gearing, negativity around government intervention/stimulus in the market and more. I would say the strike was never intended to "work" in a conventional sense...

You are kidding yourself. In my view the 'affordability' topic hasn't increased, and, because of the softening market, the tone of the affordability debate, if anything, has become less alarmist. Maybe we are reading different papers.

The 'strike' and the gentlemen holding their party, could have the opposite of the intended effect on the populace.

But in continuing on in this way – if the bubble does in fact burst and wholesale economic misery ensues – Prosper and the campaign’s supporters are destined to be remembered only as those who revelled in the tragedy’s arrival

Back