Leftover furniture after Settlement

I have just settled on my property. Prior to settling, there were left over furniture (2 large pine drawers + 1 large pine wardrobe) which i requested to be removed.

As i did not want to hinder settlement, Does anyone know if it is my responsibility after settlement or is it within my legal right to request the property manager or the vendor to dispose of it?

I have raised this issue before. (unless in your contract) nothing actually specifies that the furniture needs to be removed at settlement

check with your conveyancing solicitor as to what you can do with them legally.

Did. but it will be back and forth letters before anything happens.

I think better just to put in online for sale for like $30 bucks or something and wait for someone to come pick them up.

Or free in fact.

The place I just bought........ during the pre settlement inspection I noticed some wardrobes and general crap which I raised with the agent and he said it'll be gone before you move in. Guess what it wasn't so whilst I had the truck I loaded it in and took down to his office and stacked at his back door.

The place I just bought........ during the pre settlement inspection I noticed some wardrobes and general crap which I raised with the agent and he said it'll be gone before you move in. Guess what it wasn't so whilst I had the truck I loaded it in and took down to his office and stacked at his back door.

Well aren't you a hero, as it's the vendors responsibility (not the agents) , perhaps you should have dumped them at the vendors new place. Keep in mind that the agent has no control as to whether the house will be completely emptied or not upon settlement and would have been assuming that the vendors were going to do the right thing(which most people do)

Well aren't you a hero, as it's the vendors responsibility (not the agents) , perhaps you should have dumped them at the vendors new place. Keep in mind that the agent has no control as to whether the house will be completely emptied or not upon settlement and would have been assuming that the vendors were going to do the right thing(which most people do)

Get a life mate. When the agent tells me it will be gone the buck stops with him........It could of been worse like stacking it up at the front door of his office.

You sound like a real top bloke, good work. Iwould of thought that giving the items to a local charity might have been the way to go.

You thought wrong. I sense a bit of attitude in your post...I'm not much of a fan of it.
Rest easy...... it was worthless, weathered and spider infected.
The local charity would of been quite pissed with me if I had of rocked up with it.

I like giving to charity........it makes me warm and fuzzy, I just don't like giving them junk.

Last edited:
Back