Legal action against Coles, need advice

I wish I could sue over the way the staff pack by groceries at Cole Super, I am serious, they have no clue, let me give them a plug, Coles Inglewood:) Noice

How dare they place my eggs with my meat, now why would they do this, any idea??? Poor me:eek:

Even worse, they over pack, I have resorted to my usual story....."I have a bad back can you please ensure to not over pack".... guess what it does not work, they completely ignore me.

Should I sue, back issues, what next

At first I was going to just make a complaint, but now she's scared to go back. Because of this I've decided to take legal action as I am furious.

Are you serious you are contemplating suing over this? No wonder we have become the second most litigious country.

I suspect legal action against Coles won't bear much fruit.

LOL, ok if we have to...

so what has this got to do with the price of eggs?

litigation is the best thing since sliced bread

Coles may end up with egg on their face

gees this one is broad!

Best thing to do is write a letter/email someone higher up and explain what has happened. They'll probably apologise and throw some vouchers your way.

Some people post on the company's twitter. This works well for both parties as the matter is acknowledged and resolved quickly (before a news site picks it up) and the company is seen as caring for their customers.

Lawyers - forget about it. Your time and money are better spent doing literally anything else.

Shoplifting costs supermarkets millions a year ... so lets look at it from the security guards point of view.

Your girlfriend exited the shop (they have to physically leave for it to be considered shoplifting) and one of the roving in store detectives may have seen something suspicious like simply putting a hand in her pocket.

The security guard approaches her and show his supplied ID.

Your girlfriend runs ... like she's trying to flee the scene ... even more suspicious. Innocent people don't run from authority.

She has her bag search (due to running causing more suspicion), which is their right.

I don't think you have a case.

I would sit down today and write down what she thinks happened, remember that Coles will have CCTV of the incident so be as accurate as you can be.

As said by others, they must wait until you leave the store before asking for receipts and it is not their fault that your girlfriend can't understand what they said to her.

Under the circumstances I doubt anyone legal firm would consider it a worthwhile case as it is a minor thing by legal standards.

I think I would write a letter of complaint to Coles head office public relations section and my main complaint would be that the security guard had suspect identification as there was no photo, which is in breach of the regulations (afaik) and when she tried to go back to Coles for help he made it difficult for her.

Then mention that she no longer feels safe shopping at Coles because of the actions of people who are employed by Coles which is very poor public relations.

Are you serious you are contemplating suing over this? No wonder we have become the second most litigious country.

Your woman got her feelings hurt and you're considering suing? Are you for real?

Already tried telling her to grow up?

Both you and your woman need to harden up FFS. Having this litigious mentally is costing business (and us at the end of the day) so much money.

To sue someone in aus you need $50 k - $100k, as someone has already mentioned. To file in court alone would cost $5000 when you take into account legal fees

There is no point in suing for an insignificant amount.

Coles is owned by Westfarmers. They are not very nice people.

Write up letter to someone higher up in the food chain. Go A Current Affair, make some noise in the media. Post on Facebook. Bare in mind, it was a few days post the sydney so people were on edge, so you will most likely not get anywhere.

What did Shakespeare say about lawyers in Henry 6th?

Lawyers - forget about it. Your time and money are better spent doing literally anything else.

Start with the store manager. Demand an apology from the thuggish security guard. Then write to the CEO - it would cost less than hiring a bunch of lawyers. As someone else said, they may say sorry and send you some vouchers. Best to move on.

What did Shakespeare say about lawyers in Henry 6th?

Start with the store manager. Demand an apology from the thuggish security guard. Then write to the CEO - it would cost less than hiring a bunch of lawyers. As someone else said, they may say sorry and send you some vouchers. Best to move on.

No. Just tell Mrs to stop being such a sook. None of the above needed.

Back