Legal and General Properties

Website - http://www.legalandgeneral.com.au/

Firstly never heard of them - To me I question why it is only new builds they do... As it looks like they really are a builder or a reseller for a builder.

We do everything for you ? organise the best loan, manage the conveyancing, supervise the builder, manage the development applications, liase with the council etc so you don?t have to worry about a thing.

Metricon do the same thing?

Legal & General Properties provides rental income security, with a 5 year rental guarantee that your property will be leased. Tenants can be unpredictable; we offer the security to keep peace of mind. This guarantee is a sign of good faith that we are here to be your property advisers for the long term.

How? Normally this is built into the price of the development if it is included.

Our reliable builders have been with us for over a decade and they never cut corners. You can rely on getting a quality, architect-designed home that stands the test of time. What?s more, our builders will build your investment property for less than any other builder- we price check them annually against other building quotes to ensure this. http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?abn=78144725235 Says they were registered in 2011? which is four years not over ten, hope they are better at maths!

Last edited:
http://www.legalandgeneral.com.au

Looks like they're a property developer or are working for a property developer, but marketing this by providing 'investor education'.

They're trying to sell you something, not trying to help you invest. There's a number of massive red flags on their website:
* They organise the property, they only sell properties off the plan.
* They organise the finance, the pre-qualifiers are that you have equity in your home and an income (this allows them to hide the fact that they're charging too much for the property).
* They provide the legal advice.
* They manage the property.
* There's a rent guarantee (they can afford to do this because they usually charge too much for the property in the first place).

This is really scary stuff. At no point do you get advice independent of the seller. They sell the property, give you the finance advice, give you the legal advice, the property management advice, the tax advice. Odds are you'll pay far more than the property is worth, but nobody you're talking to is going to let you know this.

You'll do much better educating yourself about property investment on forums like this, reading books, etc.

How interesting. Fairly sure when I lived in the UK Legal and General were a very sedate insurance company, been around for years. Is it the same mob? Or are they pinching the name to suck in gullible Poms?. How bizarre

How interesting. Fairly sure when I lived in the UK Legal and General were a very sedate insurance company, been around for years. Is it the same mob? Or are they pinching the name to suck in gullible Poms?. How bizarre

I saw the UK site and they look large, could be trying to work of the back of their name.

Their name doesn't really reflect what it looks like they do as they appear more to be property development.

I would stay clear from them.

Back