Lenders covering Refinance Fees?

Very quick question, do lenders ever pay any fees associated with discharging from another lender? This could include discharge, fixed rate.etc

Yes there are lenders out there that will offer a rebate to cover some of the costs. CBA previously offered this to the open market '$700 refinance rebate offer', it is now case by case (under the counter offer), I haven't had any issues so far with getting this approved by pricing team for loans of >$150k.

I believe you will find other lenders offering ~$1000 and some more.

You can borrow to pay these providing you meet LVR requiremnents and servicing.

Thanks Terry I was aware of this but I am talking purely from a winning business perspective.
E.G. Refinance to us and we will pay the $500 discharge from the other lender.

Yes there are lenders out there that will offer a rebate to cover some of the costs. CBA previously offered this to the open market '$700 refinance rebate offer', it is now case by case (under the counter offer), I haven't had any issues so far with getting this approved by pricing team for loans of >$150k.

I believe you will find other lenders offering ~$1000 and some more.

Thanks Brady, so it is just a matter of asking then.

Thanks Terry I was aware of this but I am talking purely from a winning business perspective.
E.G. Refinance to us and we will pay the $500 discharge from the other lender.

Ah rebating fees! St G and Westpac had specials recently, not sure if they still are on offer. Westpac was $1000 from memory.

Thanks Brady, so it is just a matter of asking then.

Pending lender & who you're dealing with. Some will advertise, some you would need to ask. I offer it to my clients without them asking, similar to offering better rate from pricing team. I would assume this is general practice by most of the brokers on this forum to make sure they offer the best rate and discounts available. In some cases they might not be aware of what's avaialble.

I will sometimes offer to cover $1000 independent of the new lender but only if it is fairly hefty loan amount in total and I like the borrower ;)

CBA are pretty good in this regard. I always hit them up for $700 for each refi and haven't been declined in a long time.

Cheers

Jamie

Refunding fees are all great, but people shouldn't make a decision soley on this basis.

Keep in mind the reason you're looking to refinance in the first place. If you're considering a longer term investment strategy, make sure you know where this refinance and the selected lender fits into that strategy. A thousand bucks is negligible in the grand scheme of things.

If you're refinancing primarily for a better deal, consider what you're actually getting and what you're missing out on. Right now the big banks aren't the ones with competitive rates. Cash on refinance may pale in comparison to what else is out there simply in rate savings.

Back