Lessons Learnt after been burnt

I would like to start this thread called LESSONS LEARNT. Whereby if you've been burnt before or had a bad experience, please comment so that if you after advice hopefully you wont make the same expensive mistakes that we did.

some of mine include:

1. NEVER EVER sign a contract without including and escape clause. Eg: Subject to finance with lender XXXX. we lost a huge deposit becuase it was not included in our contract and we could not settle.

2. This is clishe but true. IF ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROB IS. A salesman will tell you anything to get a sale.

3. If you not sure what you signing seek legal advice, the cost of a lawyer will far out weigh loosing thousands of dollars if you make the wrong choice.

4. Trust your instincts

5. Do your own indepant reasearch

6. Get a good accountant to help you before persuing anything

I know these seem like basic things to know but heck weve been burnt! If there is more experienced investors who can offer more advise id love to hear from you.

Thank you

You post this, AFTER asking whether anyone has experience with some one-stop-shop marketing company?

You certainly haven't learned your lesson.

Banks always win in the long run with fixed rates.

If you have to ask yourself whether you smell and should take a shower, you need to take a shower.

Dont get your wife & mistress names mixed up. :eek:

Seriously though, dont ever let anyone tell you something cant be done.

Lesson 1: Having (long) shares geared at 100%+ during a GFC event is not a good idea.

Lesson 2: paying a deposit to a conman after signing a binding contract to purchase a property is not a good idea.

Lesson 3: Running out of brakes on the main straight at the end of Calder park is not a good idea (yes folks - don't use the standard road brakes on E30 BMW's). Then again, it is probably better doing that there than at the end of the back straight at Sandown (where it is downhill and you'll probably end up on Dandenong rd)

The Y-man

If you replace your clutch with an aftermarket carbonic unit, run semi slicks and launch an AWD car at 5000 rpm the first that will happen is that your front wheels will lift off the ground and the second thing that will happen is that your front diff and gearbox will shatter due to the sudden load difference between front and back.

Back