Lethbridge Park, 3 Bed Subdividable Corner Lot

Contracts are exchanged, but it is not unconditional, so it could still fall over. If that happens, then it's not sold. So, while I'm happy to share, I'd rather wait until it's unconditional.

congrats! I hope you can untangle all your trusts etc to your benefit. I got a kick out of the address as the suburb is named after my g-g-g-grandfather Robert Copeland Lethbridge. Dang it, if only ol' granpappy had kept all that land :D

RCL shoud have a town centre named after him! He founded the bogan capital of western Sydney! I stand and salute!

lol, is it really?? I have never been there although I think that he and his wife are buried there in a church yard which I would like to see. Checking out my roots :) I looked at the map on the listing and recognized a lot of family names as street names too. I wonder what it all looked like when they lived there?
it's just my nerdy side coming out that I am interested in geneaology (sp?) and history.

by the time it go unconditional will mark 10 years of holding this property, and more than doubled.
was end of 2004 coming off steam, or was it at it's peak for Sydney West? I can't recall, but I know the years after that was some double digit falls than stagnate, so most of the gain would be last 4-5 years.

the trust name....lol... glad you moved along ;)

lol, is it really?? I have never been there although I think that he and his wife are buried there in a church yard which I would like to see. Checking out my roots :) I looked at the map on the listing and recognized a lot of family names as street names too. I wonder what it all looked like when they lived there?
it's just my nerdy side coming out that I am interested in geneaology (sp?) and history.

I've got an IP out that way. I'm sure your decendents were fine decent folk. The problem inthe area happened when the govt made it a public housing dumping ground in the 1970s.

Back in the old days the area would obviously have been farming land. I read that there was a big tannery out that way. In fact the tanner's house is still in ST Marys. It was for sale just recently for $2mil.

Check the net for more history eg a Nazi traitor lived and died in....where else but Lethbridge Park!

Now it's jsut Neo-nazis?

Yes that's right it's now neo (new) Nazi.

The fella I was referring to was Roy Coulander, an allied POW who switched sides and wanted to fight for the Nazis at the Russian front.

He was captured by the POMs and spent a decade in jail. An utter disgrace he retired in a Lethbridge Park Houso unit where his dignity was immediately restored when he met the locals lol. He died in 1979.

just saw the sold price get published skater, great stuff! :d

:D

woo hoo...that much!

Plus, there was a possibility of the settlement dragging out to the new year, due to Christmas closedowns but they have asked for an early settlement. They want it pushed through to settle on 15th December. WooHoo! No land tax payment for us! That's a saving of around $2k.:D

Plus, there was a possibility of the settlement dragging out to the new year, due to Christmas closedowns but they have asked for an early settlement. They want it pushed through to settle on 15th December. WooHoo! No land tax payment for us! That's a saving of around $2k.:D

Awesome result congrats Skater! Well done on the sneaky land tax saving too!

Awesome result congrats Skater! Well done on the sneaky land tax saving too!

Thanks! We're happy!

I think we could have got a bit more, if we had been ready a couple of weeks earlier, as there seemed to be a lot more people looking then, plus the Agent stopped advertising in the newspaper & we weren't informed (we were really annoyed at that), but overall a good result.

I'd said earlier to Hubby that I'd be happy if we cleared $400k after legals & Agents fees, which we did with change, so I can't complain. Not too bad for a $180k purchase in 2004!

Yet you gave them a great testimonial.. or do SP just make them up :D

Where did you find that? I gave no testimonial! In fact I told them how I was very upset about the lack of newspaper advertising & would take that into account with the next property I sell, which will be in the new year.

Did they tell you they would advertise in the paper and then not do it? I assume you sat down with them prior and worked out marketing strategy etc?

Back