Lethbridge Park, 3 Bed Subdividable Corner Lot

We signed up for their 'platinum package'. While they didn't mention the papers, we've been to so many Starr Partners open homes the we knew the ropes, so to speak. They ALWAYS put it in the local papers, along with everything else they do.

Apparently they had only just stopped advertising in the papers, and didn't think to mention it. We only noticed because we'd been looking for it in the local papers & thought it weird that we didn't see anything from Starr Partners, so it wasn't just us that missed out, it's everyone.

Thanks.

That's interesting, are local papers still used extensively by REA to advertise property? In perth it's really dropped off in terms of numbers and probably effectiveness most areas

Thanks! We're happy!

I think we could have got a bit more, if we had been ready a couple of weeks earlier, as there seemed to be a lot more people looking then, plus the Agent stopped advertising in the newspaper & we weren't informed (we were really annoyed at that), but overall a good result.

I'd said earlier to Hubby that I'd be happy if we cleared $400k after legals & Agents fees, which we did with change, so I can't complain. Not too bad for a $180k purchase in 2004!

That's great Skater.
Your cleaning up now, West Syd Queen, well done.
What next? Are you brave enough to jump back into the Syd market considering its well and truly been going for some time now????

Thanks.

That's interesting, are local papers still used extensively by REA to advertise property? In perth it's really dropped off in terms of numbers and probably effectiveness most areas

We were annoyed because we often flick through the Real Estate section ourselves. It's amazing how many things you see, that you weren't really looking for, that could be a great bargain.

Like, for instance, the home we just sold. That was in the local rag, not in the Real Estate Section, by an out of area agent, in a tiny little add. It's especially what drew us to look at it, because we figured the Agent would be slack. And he was!

That's great Skater.
Your cleaning up now, West Syd Queen, well done.
What next? Are you brave enough to jump back into the Syd market considering its well and truly been going for some time now????

Hehe! No! Not looking for something in Sydney. Well, maybe in a while when it's good buying again, but that may take some time. We're busy selling off West Sydney at the moment!

We're looking, looking, looking, but other than a new build we've just signed up for, nothing else takes our fancy at the moment.

Thanks! We're happy!

I think we could have got a bit more, if we had been ready a couple of weeks earlier, as there seemed to be a lot more people looking then, plus the Agent stopped advertising in the newspaper & we weren't informed (we were really annoyed at that), but overall a good result.

I'd said earlier to Hubby that I'd be happy if we cleared $400k after legals & Agents fees, which we did with change, so I can't complain. Not too bad for a $180k purchase in 2004!

Congrats Skater!!! Must be a huge relief..
Chunk profit for sure, same questions asked.. What's next? Buy brissy or you have different view for current market?

Congrats Skater!!! Must be a huge relief..
Chunk profit for sure, same questions asked.. What's next? Buy brissy or you have different view for current market?

I've got one in SEQ. Still looking for something else though. Not sure where! Looking at several options ATM.

Hmmm.....Just told Hubby. He's half asleep. He says if its written there he must have said it, but he also said that he was upset about the lack of newspaper advertisement. I said that if he was upset about the lack of newspaper advertisement, then he wouldn't have said that he'd recommend them.

The service WAS good. I did feel that the Agent did do a great job. BUT I was very annoyed with the lack of print media and so was Hubby.

Now, here's a great example of WHY I'm annoyed at the lack of print media. Like I said, they have nothing in the Newspaper at the moment & we DO look at the local paper.

This afternoon, I was scrolling through Starr's website. It's not something I usually do, but I was looking to see where Dave got that quote from. I did a search of what they have in Erskine Park & St Clair, more to see how much is on the market than anything else.

So.....I notice a home in Erskine Park, on a large block, with a triple garage at the rear. We're busting out of home ATM with my business & have been, kind of half heartedly looking for a new PPOR, but I've been reluctant to spend so much money on a home that is essentially no better than we've got. The only thing ours lacks is room to put a big shed.

Anyway, it's a 3 bedder, we'd been looking for a 4 bedder, so this wouldn't come up in any searches. But we often don't look for a particular number of rooms, etc. What we look for is something with a twist, or something that just seems right, if you know what I mean?

What appealed to me was the amount of side access to get to the big shed at the back. We could fence that off for our own use! AND it's got a big yard, so a possibility of putting a Granny Flat on it, so the yield isn't too sucky.

Essentially we'd get 2 incomes from the property AND the use of the shed for my Business. Any way, the property launch was at 10.00am, so we'd missed it by a long shot.

IF IT HAD BEEN IN THE PAPER, WE WOULD HAVE SEEN IT AND GONE TO THE OPEN AND MOST PROBABLY PUT AN OFFER IN!!!!

Grrrr!!!

So.....I notice a home in Erskine Park, on a large block, with a triple garage at the rear. We're busting out of home ATM with my business & have been, kind of half heartedly looking for a new PPOR, but I've been reluctant to spend so much money on a home that is essentially no better than we've got. The only thing ours lacks is room to put a big shed.

Anyway, it's a 3 bedder, we'd been looking for a 4 bedder, so this wouldn't come up in any searches. But we often don't look for a particular number of rooms, etc. What we look for is something with a twist, or something that just seems right, if you know what I mean?

I know the one you are referring to, its a tiny little house, far smaller than your current place.

If only you knew someone who had a large house in erskine park and would sell if sufficient bags of cash, fresh from a recent sale, were offered at his front doorstep :D

I know the one you are referring to, its a tiny little house, far smaller than your current place.

If only you knew someone who had a large house in erskine park and would sell if sufficient bags of cash, fresh from a recent sale, were offered at his front doorstep :D

Sure, I'll give you what I just got from Letho! No Agent fees, so it's got to be good, hey?

BTW, I wasn't thinking of PPOR.

See, this is why newspaper is good. I was looking for PPOR, but I saw that it was a small place, so I thought INVESTOR. Even though I'm not looking for a Sydney investment, I could make that place work IF I was able to chuck a Granny on the back AND still keep that big shed for my storage.

The backyard might not have been big enough anyway, but I would have loved to go & take a look.

AH that makes sense.. split the back off and turn it into skaters rollerskate emporium.

Yep! I could then get some of my entertaining area and house back. AND there'd be tons of room for me to get a couple of container loads at a time. All while being 5 mins from home. Much larger storage than a self storage unit, and better than renting a shop/warehouse.

Where did you find that? I gave no testimonial! In fact I told them how I was very upset about the lack of newspaper advertising & would take that into account with the next property I sell, which will be in the new year.

Do you hear the drums fernando? I see a storm coming for the agent

Do you hear the drums fernando? I see a storm coming for the agent

Hehe, no storm, just no new listings for him. I'll vote with my feet! He know's we've got another two in the area that we want to sell, and we have already spoken to him about them. One in the new year, & not sure about the other, as it needs some work, but it's definitely going. Of course, this was BEFORE we found out about the newspaper & long before that dodgy recommendation.

The first one, we might list with a Penrith Agent anyway, as it's in Kingswood. Starr in Penrith aren't the same mob we used & we like their pushy technique (for selling, that is), so we may use them.

The other one is in Tregear & lately there's a few local Agents using the same pushy technique, so we'll keep our options open on that.

Hehe! No! Not looking for something in Sydney. Well, maybe in a while when it's good buying again, but that may take some time. We're busy selling off West Sydney at the moment!

We're looking, looking, looking, but other than a new build we've just signed up for, nothing else takes our fancy at the moment.

Hi Skater
Just curious, is the new build in Syd? So is this something near the near airport, land and house packages?? I like to know what the successful investors are doing just in case I should be jumping in;)

Hi Skater
Just curious, is the new build in Syd? So is this something near the near airport, land and house packages?? I like to know what the successful investors are doing just in case I should be jumping in;)

Hehe, no, not in Sydney. :D

do you mind if i ask which penrith agency skater?

Pm if you like?

I could recommend you an agent (from a buyers perspective).

As a buyer looking in western Sydney close to half the agents are a joke. (Majority of my recent interest in the short time I have been into property investment have been Parramatta - Liverpool area).

I have tried to deal with Starr Partners St Marys/Erskine Park and if you like my opinion feel free to inbox me.

Also im not too sure how useful having local paper ads are? I use the internet (RE.com.au, followed by google maps, followed by street-directory.com and a copy of the contract). 90% of the buying process is here for me (but my goals are different to others)

Im definitely the least experience here but if anyone would like any more info on my opinion as a buyer, feel free to inbox me :)

I could recommend you an agent (from a buyers perspective).

With all due respect, there some agencies that are really good to BUY from, others that are really good to SELL with, and others that are fantastic to use to MANAGE your properties. It is my experience that you often won't find all three qualities in the one agency.

I have tried to deal with Starr Partners St Marys/Erskine Park and if you like my opinion feel free to inbox me.
It's cool! I'm sure I know exactly what you have to say as a BUYER.

Also im not too sure how useful having local paper ads are? I use the internet (RE.com.au, followed by google maps, followed by street-directory.com and a copy of the contract). 90% of the buying process is here for me (but my goals are different to others)

I've already explained why I like the local paper. It's the one advantage that a local has, in an area. That's not to say that I don't use the internet as well. If you look at the amount of posts I've made, you'd realise that I spend a LOT of time on the internet.

Back