Libel - pls explain

A

Anonymous

Can any of you legal eagles out there explain what exactly the situation is with posting 'personal experiences' (e.g. with investor clubs) that may not have been very successful and would therefore not be very complimentary?
How are we supposed to help each other and warn each other about the sharks and the crooks?
What if you post anonymously - whose head gets kicked in?
What's the law?
Pls advise.
love from
Anon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

why don't you tell your story but change the names and identities so that people can't even tell by implication who you're talking about.

anotheranon

Reply: 1.1

Hi!

As I understand it, libel is a charge against you when you have made a false or defamatory statement that is damaging to someone's reputation.

Therefore, and remembering the Oscar Wilde case, as long as you tell the truth and can prove it, you cannot lose a court case.

Mind you, you can still be charged , but, then it is up to the other side to prove that you told a lie and in doing so, defamed the other party.

Are you a betting man or woman?

Go for it!

Dale

Reply: 1.1.1

Oooops!

Sue just suggested that we should have found out if it was me that you were going to complain abt . . . BEFORE I suggested that you go for it.

Bugger! Too late now.

Dale
(in hiding and with fingers, knees, and everything else crossed)

Back