Liberal Federal Govt

As Witzl says, FTTN. If a node is handy commercial interests can package deals for the serious users under a "user pays" system. There must be access to the node for all wholesalers.

Optus has a fibre running past my door but they see no value in offering me a connection.

I can't believe Abbot refused a challenge to Bishops position. Still it all depends on who is challenging... I guess Robb is no improvement, so opt for 'stability'.

No, I'm happy with Bishop remaining deputy. She's such a great asset to have in that position - for the Labor Party, that is.

I use the Australian paper on a daily basis... saves me buying toilet paper.

Lets be honest this article is simply filled with anecdotal evidence, and quotes from some randoms? I chuckled with the line...

Ms Whitten said the wireless internet connected at her home was "super-fast" and she and her family had experienced "no dramas" with the service delivered by Telstra.

Seriously these articles serve no purpose, another can easily be written quoting people supporting the NBN just as easily - surely you can see that. Therefore this article brings to fore the journalists own personal views on the subject or more likely his political views... or even more likely the newspapers general agenda. At best this is a lightweight fluff peice for Liberal government support - no conspiracy... just reality.

Some feedback from people in the country about the need for the NBN:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...to-cost-billions/story-fn59niix-1225916138585

I know it is reported in The Australian (some skepticism and conspiration theory is allowed in this thread) but you have to read what the constituents in rural areas think about the NBN. It seems Windsor's argument about the role NBN can play to arrest the decline in rural population is an over-simplification of a complex web of issues. Certainly, with NBN facilities, living in the bush can be a delight if affordable and at the cost of giving up on other essentials. :confused:

Terence Lewis. He was convicted of accepting bribes? Or something? The only reason Joh didn't go to jail was because of the make up of the jury.
This prompted a change in the law to allow a majority verdict. He would have been found guilty under today's law.

Witzl, the Coalition's policy is pretty much what you describe.

I've got nothing else to add to this thread.

How many times do i have to fricken say this..... i rekon you lot are either at one extreme or the other (there are some who are putting a balanced point forward, but they are being drowned out by the dribble).

Its all in good fun. Anyone that gets screwed up over this stuff needs to get out more. I love a good spirited debate.

I'm not the most intellectual or knowledgeable debater on here but i have absolutely loved this thread.

Yes, I agree, it's been fun. And this thread is probably on it's last pages as it's getting too big and there is more crap than interesting stuff now, but I've learnt heaps.

It could be spun out into a few new threads. Say,

'The NBN', and
'Labors in, so what happens now?' and
'Independant politicions'

See ya's.

So, basically the original Labor policy that got knocked back at the tender stage?

Hey yeah.... i totally forgot about that until you reminded me!!
... my plan is pretty similar, the key difference is the govt buying out telstra's wholesale network to eliminate their vertical monopoly though.

I still dont get why labor gave up so quickly on their original broadband strategy.... it actually made some sense!! :confused:

Back