Liberals - policies may cause a recession??

Thai doctors are responsible for boosting up the racks of many a young Aussie lass - and it's the young ones doing it - last place you ever want to hang on is a plastic surgery forum. Oddly enough, the top Thai actresses and models go to South Korea for their PS.

was posted by Stuart Cope

Attachments

• abbottcalypse_now.jpg
    abbottcalypse_now.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 65
Here's just one...

??..When was the last time the current Liberal government made a policy decision based on established evidence? I??..

The ending of Federal government subsidies to the automotive industry.

The facts and findings are from the Productivity Commission's Australia Automotive Manufacturing Industry January 2014.

Quoting from page 2;

The policy rationales for specific assistance to automotive manufacturing are weak. The community would benefit from the ending of assistance to automotive manufacturing through the Automotive Transformation Scheme (ATS).

? There is no compelling evidence that spillover and multiplier benefits exceed the costs of assistance to the industry.
? Decades of transitional assistance have forestalled but not prevented the structural adjustment now being faced by the industry.
? Assistance imposes costs on the community and dulls incentives to improve productivity, seek export opportunities, and diversify into other industries.

Poor Tassie needs all the help it can get. Don't think a chocolate factory is going to bring in the tourist dollars tho. Shame, some great real estate down there.

And if it was the opposite, I bet they'd be giving the Labor Party all the credit, right? :rolleyes:
If it was the opposite (booming economy) you can guarantee that the Libs will be claiming it was them...and of course the Labs will be too as they should.

I'm a Lib voter by the way.

On the boat people issue; the Aus Gubb should be going really, really hard on the Indo Gubb for allowing it to operate under their arrogant noses.

How dare folks whine about how bad "we" treat the asylum seekers, when they get here after leaving Indonesia - why don't those folks take them in?

NOT taking them in is worse than taking them in and not providing the Hyatt for them.

The two big issues are one and the same, the Senate. The government is stuck with a hostile Senate until July. It then changes but still no clear balance of power. Then we have the Western Australian Senate rerun. This will put light on how the next parliament will run ie. if the outcome is different this time around and Keith Palmer doesn't get any Senate seats.

Poor Tassie needs all the help it can get. Don't think a chocolate factory is going to bring in the tourist dollars tho. Shame, some great real estate down there.

Yes ... Several forumites did well in last cycle . Search on ruby and goanna .

They bought a whole street off a distressed developer . We bought a block of units for 220 . Now renting for over 600 . In a nice part of Hobart .

Cliff

I think the goverment is going well so far. How refreshing is it that you don't hear from them hardly ever. They just put their heads down and get the job done unlike Labor with their showboating on the nightly news for the past 6 years.

Ohhhh looky! I cut myself shaving!!! Who gives a toss?

I think the Libs so far are just telling it like it is and people don't want to hear it. I applaud them for that.

Yep, Libs/Nats going well and will continue to do so at Federal level and also State level on the whole as they are very responsible with the taxpayers dollar unlike the idiots on Labor side.
Look at the States that are most in trouble - Tassie and SA and who do we have leading them. NSW was basket case until Barry took over - now NSW near the top again.
It will take a couple of years of bad news I'm afraid to turn things around. Labor is a joke and I can't believe people vote for them. In fact anyone that votes Labor should be ashamed of themselves in my opinion. Time for a new party with no mention of Labor in it.
On the other hand we do need to protect all types of people so do need some opposition to Libs as they do go to far on occasions - just need to get rid of Labor Party and call something different and have some decent values and some decent backbone.

Hmmmmm...some interesting views indeed. Well why not, I wish one political party and their crazy followers would go jump in a dam.

Yep shouldn't be too long now before all the old Howard terms start coming back.
Like , skill shortage in Australia.
Can't get training in Australia.
Can't get into uni in Australia.
Can't manufacture any more .
Can't get medical care anymore or doctors or surgery in Australia.
Can't afford to send you kids to school anymore , actually our fees are already up 1200 bucks thanks to Abbot.
Average people won't be able to buy a house again although this time they look like killing manufacturing of completely so with unemployment at least house prices might stay down but hang on that's right . No on will be able to get their lone anyway because the were 5days late paying a few bills.
There'll be teacher shortages again because they won't pay them and schools falling to bits again because they won't spend any money on them either .
Oh yeah and the really sad stuff like our closest neighbours wanting to blow us all up again.
Just to name a few .

Ahh the good old days.

Hi Random, which party was in government when you were at school?

It will certainly be interesting to see if this is a one term government...

You will have your opportunity to decide, just like every other registered citizen, in very late 2016.

If you're unhappy with the Liberal Fed. Govt after only 5 months, pull up a chair, you're in for a long haul. The last Lib Govt lasted nearly 12 years, as a reward for sorting out Labor's debt mess. They've got exactly the same task ahead of them, sorting out Labor's debt mess.

Last edited:
Back