Life is never boring here

Tonight we cooked dinner on the wok burner, a first for my ASD son and myself. I have been using the stovetop to stir fry for 34 years but tonight, while hubby was having a snooze, I thought we must get around to using the wok burner on the "new" BBQ we bought this time last year.

I ventured outside to find No 1 Progeny had a nice high flame dancing several centimetres above the top of the burner. I turned off the flame, went back indoors and emerged with a small brush to brush away all the dry leaves that had taken up residency within the burner part of our BBQ. I then turned it on again and showed him how to cook a stir fry.

Dinner was delicious but I still shake my head wondering if my son will ever be safe in a kitchen. We have had three real fires so far, this potential one was averted.

life is never boring here Part 2

Last week I mentioned that I need to recarpet one of our IPs now that two of the three bedrooms were drenched in the rain two weekends ago.

Yesterday I finally received current invoices from the PM regarding emergency repairs done at the time, they have to be redone with more detail, with information about how the air conditioning unit was fairing since rainwater had decided to come into the bedrooms through the air con unit. My PM advised that the tenant had confirmed the unit is working fine after she ran it for ten minutes.... I wanted an electrician to make that decision. After talking with the electrician, we asked the PM to get her to run the unit for at least half an hour to determine if it was working or not. Later in the day my PM emailed to say that there had been a misunderstanding and no, the unit didn't work after all. My tenant was checking the wrong one.

She should know which one to check, we have a series of photos of the water feature in her daughter's bedroom just a week before. O and the electrician can't look at it until mid January.

No wonder I am drinking so much this week. I also had to look cheerful all last week at work too.

Back