Limited Liability :( not happy with the wordings

One of the gas company has sent me a limited liability letter which they want me to sign. However i am not comfortable with the wordings. Need some help on how to respond. If anyone has a letter like this can you please share. This letter basically says that gas company wont be responsible for any damage if it occurs while replacing the gas cylinder. Please help.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-01-30 at PM 04.48.57.png
    Screen shot 2014-01-30 at PM 04.48.57.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 88
Could you have them move the connection point to the side, near the front?

I'd hate some boofhead pushing a trolley that might have dirt or rocks stuck to the wheels from his last job wheel a cylinder through my house :eek:.

Not to mention knocking things over on his way, bumping walls and corners and eyeing off my things :eek::eek:.

but it is at the back and have to go through inside the house

Well, that's why they have to cover themselves from accidental damage then.
Terms and conditions of business.
If the terms are not acceptable by you, you have the choice to go with another provider who may not require you to sign such a disclaimer.

Or, bring the bottle to the front to be exchanged, so they wont have the chance to accidentally damage your property.

Is this standard? If they tear the carpet or damage wall or things who is responsible. what would you do in this instance. Appreciate your help here

Is this standard?

My favourite word in the whole world.

I love letters like these, written by your contractual adversary, for the benefit of your contractual adversary, to limit their liability and maximise your liability, with no input from yourself, to themselves, stating what you understand and what you agree to.

Brilliant !! Were you present for the negotiation period ??

Frankly, when you are in this position contractually, give up and roll over.

Whether it is standard or not doesn't really matter - does it ?? What's your alternative ??

Is this standard? If they tear the carpet or damage wall or things who is responsible. what would you do in this instance. Appreciate your help here

You have a choice:

1) Elgas carries the gas cylinders through your house.
2) YOU carry the gas cylinders through your house.

I'd guess that Elgas would rather NOT have to carry anything through customer's houses, but they'll do it as a courtesy. I mean, the delivery people will be in work clothes. Eeeeuuu.

What will happen if the floor gets damaged while you're carrying the cylinders through the house? Who will pay to repair?

I'd put some drop sheets down on the floor, move furniture out of the way, and curse the idiot that designed such poor access to essential services (not necessarily in that order).

I have had "warnings" and on one occassion "refusale until fixed" from Elgas due to shrubs etc along my driveway either overhanging or blocking view of their truck that needs to reverse up 50mts to the house. Mine is done with a dirty big hose but they still need to get within coowee of the house to fill.

I see it as my problem.......I could easily change to the manual bottle changeover method again as it's a smaller truck that can drive up & turn around in our carpark.....but that tends to get us running out of gas due to my lack of planning :eek:

My long term plan is to dig a trench and lay 50mts of copper pipe to move the bottles 50mts down the driveway so the truck can fill from the road ;)

I would be moving your bottles out front as others have suggested & then use their "Automatic LPG Home Delivery" by tanker like I do.

Back