Lined up to view IP's on weekend!!

I went looking on the weekend with a mate to view a few properties over bondi way... (this is fist time i have looked in Bondi and just wanted to see what you get for your money...) I was amazed at having to line up to view properties as there were so many people looking! also, 3 properties out of 5 that we looked at had run out of brochures.

we decided it might not be the time to buy good in bondi at the moment (wait until you don't have to line up).

Did anyone else experience this in other areas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi Jay,

Had a similar experience the week end before last on the northern beaches, anything in the "affordable" range around the $500k mark or below was very busy. Don't know what it means though.

Michael Croft

Reply: 1.1

It means no-one wants to pay more than they have to...

Bondi was busy 6 months ago too, when I went looking with a fellow investor friend (was it really 6 mths Wendy??) as was Coogee, Randwick and Kensington. Very packed part of Sydney, those Eastern suburbs..
and the parking sux!!
Cheers, Jacque :)

Reply: 2

We found Dee Why to be incredibly busy just before Xmas - and some of the new apartment blocks beggared belief to ask for $400k for some small and ostensibly not very well built unit. Is it just my jaundiced view of DY or can such units really hold their value? (or will I be thinking of this email in 10 yrs time pondering how shortsighted I was....)

Back