Lino glue removal

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a quicker/better way to remove lino glue than using a heat gun? I pulled up the lino but most of the glue is stuck to the cement! It's coming off but need to get it done quick and I'm getting blisters!!

Thanks!
Tarah

Hi Tarah

I presume to plan on tiling with ceramic tiles? To do it the best possible way is to have the floor professionally ground which tales a milimetre or two off the concrete and leaves no trace of the old glue at all. This is my preferred method, however there is a product out that you can get from the tile shops that you mix up and spread over the old glue that bonds to it and you can then tile as normal over it. A very good product that for the life of me I cannot recall it's name. I have never heard of using a heat gun and not sure that it would work too well.

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a quicker/better way to remove lino glue than using a heat gun? I pulled up the lino but most of the glue is stuck to the cement! It's coming off but need to get it done quick and I'm getting blisters!!

Thanks!
Tarah
I use homebrand domestic cleaner,cost about 2 bucks for one litre,just use it full strength,just spray it on the surface wait about 15 minutes then scrap it it off,works well for me,use all safety gear,same as the expensive one only about 4 dollars difference..imho..
willair..

Thanks guys!

I used 'goop off' today and got some more off but ended up going to Bunnings and bought some solvent. The domestic cleaner sounds like a good cheap idea too!

Thanks again! :)

Back