List of bad suburbs in WA

Where do you find info on these? Government reports would show their plans but I'm not sure where to get others.

Typically where to look for the following sectors injecting money -

A/ Local/State/Federal Government. ie Major arterial roads, Street Scaping, New Public Transport, Recreational facilities, Hospitals, Suburb Redevelopment Authorities being formed. etc

B/ Big Multi National Retail & Commercial type companies. ie Major Shopping Centres, McDonalds Hungry Jacks, KFC, Bunnings, Harvey Normans, Good Guys, etc. These companies spend $Millions on market research before going into and setting up shop in an area. If there was no current or immediate future demand for their products and services they would not be moving in, so leverage off the back of their research.

Sources for information as part of your due diligence - You can check out all the federal/state/local government planning & development websites at this one convenient link (http://www.oultwood.com/localgov/countries/australia.php).

Other sources I use to gather info are from all the various big multi-national company websites, local newspapers, community news, local businesses, and people in the area.....general networking etc.

C/ Private People/Investors. ie Owner occupiers and Investors bowling over old houses then rebuilding new modern homes and redeveloping town houses / villas. Get out and about. Jump in your car and drive around the area. Better still is once you're in your prospective area hit the streets by foot. You will see so much more on foot than by driving.

Anyway I hope this provides you more food for thought.

When I first came to Perth The locals told me to avoid these areas
Scarborough
Highgate
Victoria Park
Innaloo
Rockingham
Mandurah
South Fremantle
Midland
Just as well I ignored them and invested in them. Never let your ego get in the way of making a buck. You do not have to live there just make money.
Rockingham is my favourite area, visit Rockingham council web site to look at the plans for Rockingham Beach. Rockingham Park next area in line to rezone.

Typically where to look for the following sectors injecting money -

A/ Local/State/Federal Government. ie Major arterial roads, Street Scaping, New Public Transport, Recreational facilities, Hospitals, Suburb Redevelopment Authorities being formed. etc

B/ Big Multi National Retail & Commercial type companies. ie Major Shopping Centres, McDonalds Hungry Jacks, KFC, Bunnings, Harvey Normans, Good Guys, etc. These companies spend $Millions on market research before going into and setting up shop in an area. If there was no current or immediate future demand for their products and services they would not be moving in, so leverage off the back of their research.

Sources for information as part of your due diligence - You can check out all the federal/state/local government planning & development websites at this one convenient link (http://www.oultwood.com/localgov/countries/australia.php).

Other sources I use to gather info are from all the various big multi-national company websites, local newspapers, community news, local businesses, and people in the area.....general networking etc.

C/ Private People/Investors. ie Owner occupiers and Investors bowling over old houses then rebuilding new modern homes and redeveloping town houses / villas. Get out and about. Jump in your car and drive around the area. Better still is once you're in your prospective area hit the streets by foot. You will see so much more on foot than by driving.

Anyway I hope this provides you more food for thought.

Great pointers, Rixter!

What is your usual process when searching for IP's, folks? Look at median prices and distance from city/transport hub etc? Followed by detailed research?

This was probably discussed before. Post the links if you're aware of them. Much appreciated :)

Great pointers, Rixter!

What is your usual process when searching for IP's, folks? Look at median prices and distance from city/transport hub etc? Followed by detailed research?

Always Macro DD first, followed by Micro DD. No point wasting time at a Micro Level if the Macro Level doesnt stack up okay beforehand.

I posted these areas as median under $300K 2013, have not checked lately, I doubt this will now be the case with most of these areas now

Medina
Brookdale
Calista
Armadale
Parmelia
Camillo
Cooloongup
Leda
Orelia
Maddington

I don't think that any suburbs are left with median lower than $300k (houses)

Maddington is around 350k these days

Back