List of tradesman BNE Good or Bad

W

WebBoard

Hi,

Having just seen a post by Andre asking for a carpenter in BNE I thought it might be a good idea to establish a list of reliable trust worthy tradesman who other people have used and can recommend.

We are about to buy an IP in Queensland to renovate and then rent it out.

As we are new to BNE we will need to find a whole range of tradespeople. We want to find the good and avoid the bad and the ugly!

We would therefore love to hear from other people doing a similar thing. So if you have a good contact or alternatively if you have had a bad experience please list the details here.

Regards David.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

This message copied from below topic.

Topic: Looking for carpentar in Brisbane (1 of 2), Read 44 times
Conf: Property Investor Forum
Date: Friday, May 03, 2002 05:30 PM

Hi Guys
Would appreciate any help with the above. Preferably one that has worked on renovation properties.
I am in the kitchen bathroom business so if you need any help with these please let me know.

Cheers
Andre

List of tradesman - Caveat Emptor

Reply: 1.1

G'day all,

Please respect the forum that the Somers provide for us by "limiting" any negative comments - i.e. stop and think before opening yourself (or Jan and Ian) up to a defamation claim !!! Be sure to stick to the facts - leave emotion at home.

As for good tradespeople, I'm sure they'd be thrilled to be part of a list on this forum - and they probably deserve to be.

Of course, even positives can be "doctored" (if we don't know who is posting...) so be aware that all you read, even on this forum, "ain't necessarily so"...

Guess what - it all still comes back to Caveat Emptor (buyer, beware). So don't "buy" even positive comments without checking them out as much as you can.

Regards,

Les

- "Eschew Obfuscation" - ;^)

Reply: 1.1.1

Hi everyone,

I agree a tradesmen register would be an excellent idea. To figure out a way where one can state unemotional experiences with tradesmen what other people (if they choose to do so) could use would be fantastic. I am also doing reno work from NSW on properties in Qld. Finding good tradesmen is not easy. Unfortunately there are several people who got burned being out of state investors and the local tradesmen took them for a ride.
I have some tradesmen I have used several tradesmen (I don't try to "cut them" but expect good quality work at going market price d try to pay them immediately) with some good and not so good ezperiences. I have a very good and reliable sparkie, and also have one company I can recommend for kitchens and tiling. Reasonable prices, efficient and do a good, job. I would not mention anyone I am not using currently or do not intend to use in future.
If there is a rego thread, I can pit their name on or please contact me directly on
[email protected] and I can give their details (including what they've done and for how much) if you are interested.
As I am dealing several companies I can really appreciate any good tradesmen. There are several very shonky business around.

Tibor

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Whilst I'm not willing to post details on the forum (as I believe every person's experience is different- what one person may consider cheap another may find outrageously expensive. AS well as this some builders may be better in some areas than others eg: decks as opposed to kitchens)I am more than happy to refer ppl to a builder, sparky and kitchen company that I used and was happy with. Please feel free to e-mail me.
Cheers, Jacque :)

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

I agree that we need to be careful with negative reports.

Are we on safe legal ground if we say some thing like I used for example 'ABC Builder' and would not use them again without being too specific or the you found 'xyz plumbers' were expensive compared to 'Joe bloggs' who I recommend?

regards David

Back