Little white lies you've told to secure a property

So it's OK for the buyer to lie to the agent, but not for the agent to lie to the buyer?
I have had agents lie to me. It doesn't worry me. I have also lied... this is my final offer, etc.

I have also run into honest agents. I had one who claimed that if I put in an offer of a certain amount, he would halve his commission to get the deal. The amount was within my budget so I put the offer in at that amount. The deal went through and I got to see the cheque instructions for settlement. Agent got less than half he would have usually got for a deal of that size. That said, he was moving about 10 houses a month at that point, so it was probably worth more to him to get the house off his books than let a sale walk.

I am going to an open this sunday, read the entire thread.

I might give some ago, however i was already thinking of doing similar things without actually knowing too much about the business.

I like to keep cards close to my address ie: ill say nothing positive about the property

Im going to go in with the thought of looking for a mate or parents as they couldnt make the open and im here to inspect.

Something i want to know, is do people on here give the REAs there number and name when they ask ect?

By email ive already asked 'how long this property has been on the market for?' and got an answer so i will ask that again to see if the REA is being honest and claim im a different person, so they have the ability to lie to me if they want.

Im also going to play the card of my mate being a FHOB who probably cant get to the asking price or dollar sign ticketed and see what the response is.

I wish i had RP Data, is there a trial i can use?

I might also issue 'they probably want to get it sold before christmas' somewhere along the lines and see what the response is.

Z6

Something i want to know, is do people on here give the REAs there number and name when they ask ect?

If i'm serious about the property I will give my correct information, otherwise I normally hand out my brothers number or a friends for ***** and giggles.

Hi Newage Property,

The reality is most, if not all REAs are going to 'play the game' with you right from the beginning. Whether that involves fibbing, story making, exaggerating or all the above - its definetly going to happen.

Knowing this, for investors to take the moral high ground and approach the negotiations from a purely '100% honest' standpoint is just maddness.

Leo

I've pretended to be a buyers advocate trying to secure a deal win win for everyone, when I'm actually the buyer looking for an outright victory.

REAs also lie. Some make up lies about having offers.
This is true.

The bloke I worked for a few years ago rang a Vendor and told him he had an offer - just to see what his reaction would be (to see if he could condition him down).

I think in every r/e transaction (by all parties), the % of truth to lies is probably around 20%. :D

Back