Liverpool Sydney -- will it be good area to buy?

Interesting to know that . There was a post a year or two ago about a group who meet in an RSL club ? closer to parra . Might have had a slogan about " follow me " . Is that them ? Was also going to check them out but never went.
Yep, that's them. Follow me chat club. Been around a long time now & they meet at Seven Hills. They seem to have a never ending supply of newbies & they have additional meetings for their more advanced members. I know their buyers agent, he's a nice guy, sometimes reads the forum too, but rarely posts.

Not all their properties are bought by their buyers agent though. They reccommend the area & if their members want to use the services of the buyers agent they can.

The next biggest one I see is "Property Secrets" (I think that's their name). You will see them driving around in a couple of black cars sign written with their logo. They buy low, then do a cookie cutter reno for their purchasers. The homes are mostly painted white with a grey/tan kind of colour trim & picket fences. There is one of theirs on Jersey Rd Hebersham. It's the one that was auctioned recently near the round about. Looks good. Another of theirs on Luxford Rd, just past the Holy Family Church, same side of the street. They are buying up most of the auctions ATM as they have no competition & after their reno getting them revalued for mid 200's.

This one seems to be all purchases are done by the buyers agent.

I have been told about a third group working the area too, but I haven't seen any action from them. They aren't buyers agents though, they just recommend their members buy out here.
It may be that the better ops come in smaller pockets which arn't being targeted by buyers agents.

This is what I've been thinking of late.

Liverpool

Hi All

It's been a while since I have posted, But this one is close to me.

There is silly things going on in the west at the moment. Some of my clients have just sold homes for 35% then what they paid for 2 years ago.

A client just purchased this week a home in a 5 yr old estate (liverpool) on the M7 ,M5 JUNCTION. 4 BEDROOM standard design double garage on 480sqs land. Valuation by bank in sept 2004 was $485,000.00 Purchase price this week $375,000.00

Rental $345.00 p/week. But to replace the home now and build is $450k. So keep in mind that there are people hurting out there and have no option but to take the offer in front of them. Plenty of multi's out there doing what they do best and taking advantage of the bad times.

Just for your info , The Federal and state Govt just approved the largest land development site ever planed in australia to go ahead at liverpool. 10 -25 YEAR plan. with light rail (proposed)! So work will help the current 11% unemployment stats.
new stats TELL us 28% of the population is australian Born and sydney is 53%So 11% is understansable i guess looking at that stat.
Interest rates continue to rise and people will hurt more.
When the BANK takes the home off them (up 600%) since 5 years ago. The Banks have no hearts. Mortgagee sales in this area are at record levels. And with a new rise next month Melb Cup day. Watch for another drop in Home values in this area.
So if your buying wait a quater or 2. But NOT too long!! Inflation might have had its day and could go back in it's cave after next 12 mths.

But IMHO once the price reaches bottom the public will swamp Liverpool area as living costs will be so high and this type of area will be the answer they are looking for.

OV

Don't write the Liverpool area off, I lived there for over ten years and it has the best services you could wish for if you are in the working phase of life. Medical facilities second to none, shopping excellent, quick trip to city and air port on M5, crime in the area I lived in was not a problem (Casula). Relatives who lived in higher class areas of Sydney had break ins and we never did. Good public transport both bus and rail. All these things make for great convenience. The think I missed most was limited water based recreational facilities however Chipping Norton Lakes and the Georges River all within a short drive to launch a boat and you can motor down to Botany Bay. So, having said all this we also invested in the Liverpool/Campbelltown areas around ten years ago and now we are retired with well over 2 million in equity. Our investment attitude was very conservative - we liked the good rental returns we were able to get in relation to prices. We bought several properties and thus had several rental incomes rather than purchase an inner city property where you relied only on one rental. So, one property might be vacant out of three but you still had two lots of rental coming in where as if your expensive inner city dwelling became vacant you had no rental income. It worked for us and we never felt stressed knowing we were well within our means to pay for the loans. Times are different now of course as prices have grown and rents have not yet caught up though the powers that be say they are moving upwards. No matter what area you choose to invest do your own research and don't listen to too much negative comment as it will hold you back. If I had listened to all the negative people ten years ago I would not have invested and certainly not in the areas that I did so research and do what you feel comfortable with - don't over extend no matter which area you choose. Good luck.

Hi everyone,

Sorry hvnt get back with the updates.

I am currently a bit interested in Penrith line (Werrington, Kingswood).

Any idea or concern of these places?

Thank You soooo much for the advice.

Cheerz,
Purple.

Having lived through a few cycles in the Liverpool/Campbelltown area it seems to me that when the market bottoms, it lingers on until everyone has lost interest in investing in real estate and they start to believe that real estate is not a good investment. So if buyers' agents are still having a steady stream of investors, then I don't think we are quire there yet. So translating that into the current market, I think there is at least another 1 or 2 years to go with prices bouncing along the bottom before it will be a good time to buy.

Hi everyone,

Sorry hvnt get back with the updates.

I am currently a bit interested in Penrith line (Werrington, Kingswood).

Any idea or concern of these places?

Thank You soooo much for the advice.

Cheerz,
Purple.

I think every thing that's been said about Liverpool applies to Penrith .

See Change

Having lived through a few cycles in the Liverpool/Campbelltown area it seems to me that when the market bottoms, it lingers on until everyone has lost interest in investing in real estate and they start to believe that real estate is not a good investment. So if buyers' agents are still having a steady stream of investors, then I don't think we are quire there yet. So translating that into the current market, I think there is at least another 1 or 2 years to go with prices bouncing along the bottom before it will be a good time to buy.

Agree with that.

See Change

Back