Loan Eligibility problem (PIA Ver 7.0)

W

WebBoard

I am new to using PIA so my problem may be related to finger trouble, however, when I select the "Loan Eligibility" calculator, I always end up with some spurious entries in the Loan B records for the outgoings which don't relate to data I have entered. The Loan A data is correct as it relates to the investment property under review. If I overtype the Loan B data then the calculations are correct until I press OK and close the window. If I immediately open the Loan Eligibility window again then the Loan B data is back!!

Help!! I cannot make the Loan B data disappear. All assistance appreciated. Thanks.

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Firstly, the suite of property-related calculators in PIA are (in general) semi-independent of the property, finance and investor details retained in the file. They are simply calculators that take their default values from variables in the spreadsheets, but changes in the calculator variables do not generally feed back into the spreadsheets. In this particular case the Loan Eligibility calculator takes its default values from the investment loan payments ("Loan A") and the home loan payments ("Loan B"). If you want Loan B payments to be set to zero by default, set the home loan payments to zero.

Reply: 1.1

Thank you. This has solved my problem.

I was confused by the Loan A and Loan B reference on the Loan Eligibility form. The Investment Property loan form also has Loan A and Loan B data entries and I was assuming these fields were the same as those on the Loan Eligibility form. Loan A actually is the same but the Loan B is different. I now know why.

Thanks again!

Greg

Back