Loan for Commercial Property under $250K

I was surprised that minimum loan most of banks lend was $250K. That mean property has to be atleast worth > $400K considering expenses.

We were looking to buy property for $330K. I guess there is stamp duty and gst.
Just seeing if anyone know if it is possible to get lower than that amount. From my understanding you need to pay 30% deposit.

I came across ANZ who only wanted 20% desposit and loan under 250K. However, they rate was over 7%.

Anyone know good mortgage broker?

What rate were you expecting to pay for a commercial property?

Is the loan being secured by a commercial property or residential?

There's definitely lenders which will let you borrow sub 250k for commercial, and thankfully are reasonable choices outside of that niche. :)

Adelaide Bank minimum loan req is 150k, fitting well for your needs.

Thanks.
Adelaide bank is good. They dont publish rates though. Also 0.5% application fee. Is that normal?

What are typically interest rates? Eg. My home loan is around 5%. How much more would I expect to pay for commercial loan?

Redwood - Could you provide more info like name of lenders.

Commercial

My only comment is to be a little careful with cheaper commercial properties. Generally the entry point for quality commercial property is a lot higher than residential. Cheaper properties can be hit hard in a down turn.

My only comment is to be a little careful with cheaper commercial properties. Generally the entry point for quality commercial property is a lot higher than residential. Cheaper properties can be hit hard in a down turn.

Very good point. Generally the returns/tenant quality/stability rapidly increases as the cap price rises. There is a very sweet spot between the price range too expensive for most private investors and too low for institutionals, where you can snap up A+ investments.

Im assuming its a vanilla security i.e shop, office, etc?

If so then your best bets are Suncorp or ING. They are excellent in this market.

Reactions: S.T
Back