Local Council should spend money on.... ______?

The local council sent out the biannual survey on what the rates bill should be spent on.

I have two properties in the catchment area so I have a vested interest.
Just wondering what things should I suggest that will increase property value the most as well as benefit me?

I was thinking putting more foot paths? Both properties streets do not have foot paths. There is a school near by I think it?s a danger as it forces people to walk to on street since they wont want to get wet from the morning dew on the grass. Would that work? A lot of the streets don?t have footpaths at all. How come some places have footpaths and some streets don?t? Once it?s deemed no footpath is it doomed for life? No foot path for life? How does it work?

What other things can I recommend? What about fixed settings for the local park near by? Like picnic tables and table tennis table?

http://www.outdoordesign.com.au/landscape-supplies-hard/street-furniture/Outdoor-ping-pong-goes-to-school/2268.html

or would these get vandalised the 2nd day it?s installed?

I think it depends on where the property is... what do people want?

Are there lots of young families and a lot of units (therefore parks being in high demand) in the area? Is it a 'safe'area where parks are utilised by families or are the parks where the local young people go to drink and hang around - if so, then they might be vandalised.

Footpaths may be more important if a lot of older people live in the area. Or maybe not.

Other things to consider may include things like beautification of the neighbourhood - i.e. more landscaped area/green areas. If you are concerned about safety -- then more/better signposted pedestrian areas/crossings.

My parents' area has just had footpaths added where there haven't been any, its a well established area, so they do add them.

The council decided a special levy was in order to pay for said footpaths and everyone in a certain radius had to pay, including those on streets where footpaths were already built.

The area has alot of aged population. and young families.

The local park is visible to alot of homes and alot of families use it everyday.

Especially on weekends. some use it for birthdays.

The park is already really good. I think people drive to the area and use the facilities.

Back