Location Location in WA

Wow, you can buy a brand new villa in Midland for $350 K.

Perhaps mum and dad could loan me a bit more money and I could get something for low $300's. There are some really nice nearly new villas for around $320 K that are only about 3-5 years old.

Hmmm I better not get too carried away though because I have to be able to afford it. Have to stay focussed.

I can get a $220 K mortgage

220 K mortgage
30 K deposit (saved)
35 K (from parents)

$260-$280 K is more affordable for me and my preferred budget. I can go higher only if my parents want to contribute more. I wont pester them.

This one looks more in my price range.

:)

Hopefully they dont go up too much in value by the end of the year.

$269,000-$299,000
MIDLAND
Features: PERFECT LOCATION WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE TO SHOPPING CENTRE AND TRANSPORT.
What a great start in a perfect location, so close to major shopping centre's and public transport.

The owner's say it's time to sell this villa to someone who's looking for a well presented home with air-conditioning, wood floors built in robe, patio and a nice courtyard.

THE OWNER OF THIS PROPERTY WILL REBATE YOU $1372.50 FOR THE STAMP DUTY REBATE SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE 1ST JULY
$269,000-$299,000
MIDLAND
Features: PERFECT LOCATION WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE TO SHOPPING CENTRE AND TRANSPORT.
What a great start in a perfect location, so close to major shopping centre's and public transport.

The owner's say it's time to sell this villa to someone who's looking for a well presented home with air-conditioning, wood floors built in robe, patio and a nice courtyard.

With many features including a spacious lounge/dining area at the entry leading to a well appointed kitchen overlooking the family room area.

The bedrooms are a good size and the bathroom and laundry area's are very tidy.

If your looking for a well presented villa in a small complex within walking distance to everything you have to come and have a look inside.

For any further inquiries or to schedule an inspection please call Vanessa Tuttle 0404 492 377

A good place to buy would be in and around the Midland Gate shopping centre which is the centre of town isnt it?

Yes around the centre of town preferably walking distance to Midland Gate.

New or near new villa or townhouse.

Did you see the article in the West about Vic Park. There is going to be a huge redevlopment soon.

the only downside about that is having to deal with Town of Victoria Park.

they have no idea where they're going, what they're doing, left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing or has done.

they held a DA up for me for FOUR WHOLE WEEKS because they wanted a stat dec re: the tile colour being Monier Kimberley instead of Wild Rice.

that shire needs to be dissolved and be amalgamated into Belmont.

I see vic park hasnt changed much over the past 5 years or so then... they nearly sent me broke when doing my first major devy down there

Yes around the centre of town preferably walking distance to Midland Gate.

New or near new villa or townhouse.

I'm going to see if mum and dad want to go 1/4's in the property with me, so that way I can get something around the $330 mark.

If they dont want to invest what do you think is the best value/suburb for a $260 K property. I dont think I could find something in Midland for that price.

I see 2 bedders in Midland for under $300k.

Im on msn now if you wanna chat live.. you can add me as rixter_b at hotmail.com

I see 2 bedders in Midland for under $300k.

Im on msn now if you wanna chat live.. you can add me as rixter_b at hotmail.com

:(

bummer I would love to chat with you but im at work and dont have msn.

I'll be off over the next few weeks on sick leave, having carpal tunnel surgery tomorrow, will probably be able to type in a week. I'll add ya then.

Anyway i better go lunch break just about over.

the only downside about that is having to deal with Town of Victoria Park.

they have no idea where they're going, what they're doing, left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing or has done.

they held a DA up for me for FOUR WHOLE WEEKS because they wanted a stat dec re: the tile colour being Monier Kimberley instead of Wild Rice.

that shire needs to be dissolved and be amalgamated into Belmont.

oh dear

///

On my way home from work I had a quick look around Midland, before it got too dark. Had a look at Charles street which is the other side of Morrison road (about a 10 min walk to Midland Gate Shopping Centre) there are some nice new places mixed with older houses. I'm having a look at the re.com site atm I notice Templeman, Loton and a couple of other streets would be about a 5 min walk to the centre of Midland.

There is a 3 x 2 villa for $320,000 in Templeman Street. Not bad hey.

When I can start driving again I'll spend some time looking around the areas on the other side of Morrison Road, closer to the town centre. Your getting great value for money here. I think there are some excellent opportunities. Hmmm now.... just gotta come up with another $50 K.

Had a look at Charles street which is the other side of Morrison road (about a 10 min walk to Midland Gate Shopping Centre) there are some nice new places mixed with older houses.

Yeah thats the side mines on.

Quick tip for you. Get out of your car and walk around. You will see alot more & get a better feel for the area that way compared to driving.

Hope this helps

i've got a few places on margaret and you will note the dale alcock units going up there. those things are costing me $350k to build!! any quality villa for around that price or less is good buying on that basis.

yeah cool :)

I was talking to dad, he's not keen on investing with me.

I'm looking into the option of a high growth share fund to get more capital behind me. Then in about 10 years I will have more money to work with. By then also my parents will have gifted me 50 K (I might not get the 50K from them for 2-3 years the way things are going.

Anyhow I am going to save another 50 K myself by the end of next year when I plan to move out. After I talk with a planner and advisor i'll look into a high growth fund. At this stage maybe the Advanced geared Australian equity fund or go with Vanguard.

I may start off with $25K of my own money and borrow $25K and invest at the end of this year. Then througout next year invest more of my own money. I dont pay rent. I'm saving $1,200 a fortnight. Perhaps add another $10K mid year, put the remaining $5K in term deposit.

Its really a (sanf) for me. I have been up thinking about the costs of buying and I can see myself overcommitted if I bought even a $250 K ip as well as renting a place to live. I think I'd get a bit stressed and I dont want that.

I will do all my dd and also seek out good advisors. Do you guys in Perth recommend anyone?

Oh also I'll continue to learn up about real estate.

I will do all my dd and also seek out good advisors. Do you guys in Perth recommend anyone?

Oh also I'll continue to learn up about real estate.

it is important that you understand that advisors aren't there to help you, they are salespeople that are paid on commission. would you really walk into a ray white office, layout all your financials and accept their recommendation of what property to buy at face value?

if you must buy a managed fund just go to www.fundbroker.com.au and get your upfront commission rebated to you. i took out a coupl fo those maquarie products and they have gone backwards form what i can see, all the while clocking up interest.

personally i would just get a margin loan against bhp shares and save all the fees for yourself. As for the chances of outperformign Perth resi, well I doubt it, especially at these bargain prices at the moment.

it is important that you understand that advisors aren't there to help you, they are salespeople that are paid on commission. would you really walk into a ray white office, layout all your financials and accept their recommendation of what property to buy at face value?

if you must buy a managed fund just go to www.fundbroker.com.au and get your upfront commission rebated to you. i took out a coupl fo those maquarie products and they have gone backwards form what i can see, all the while clocking up interest.

personally i would just get a margin loan against bhp shares and save all the fees for yourself. As for the chances of outperformign Perth resi, well I doubt it, especially at these bargain prices at the moment.

Yeah well thats why I want to talk to someone who is independent. No commissions.

I know there are some great deals out there atm but I'm not sure I'm fully ready financially. I need more money behind me and a higher income. Its a also the sanf.

I'll see, after securing my permanacy at work around September, I'll look at all my options whether it be ip or managed funds.

Ta I'll check out that site.

Back