Location Location in WA

i took out a coupl fo those maquarie products and they have gone backwards form what i can see, all the while clocking up interest.

personally i would just get a margin loan against bhp shares and save all the fees for yourself. As for the chances of outperformign Perth resi, well I doubt it, especially at these bargain prices at the moment.

re: maquarie product.

What kind of fund do you have and how long have you had it?

re:bhp shares

I think investing in just one share would be too risky. But maybe if you held those long term (10 years) like I plan to it would do well. What happens though if bhp went under. Is that likely to happen.

it is important that you understand that advisors aren't there to help you, they are salespeople that are paid on commission. would you really walk into a ray white office, layout all your financials and accept their recommendation of what property to buy at face value?

We did this exact thing 2 years ago and it was excellent. Highly recommend them. We were very happy with the service and products on offer, we got on really well with one another and their chocky biscuits are to die for.

....and seeing as though most people judge economic performance on whether they are happy or not, we were well pleased.

If you haven't gone into your friendly REA and dumped your entire financials down for them to analyse, and then let them point your in the right direction - give it a crack, it's a hoot.

If you haven't gone into your friendly REA and dumped your entire financials down for them to analyse, and then let them point your in the right direction - give it a crack, it's a hoot.

Yes I seem to remember this type of thing when I did Negotiation 101 - give your counterparty as much information about yourself because the more they know about you and the less you know about them the better it is for everybody! Yes that sounds right... I'm sure it makes a result more likely! ;)

Whats your budget?

I forgot about the $400 a month income that my mum has been depositing into my account. Was just looking at my bank statement. This will help a lot covering any shorfalls and expenses. I'm also going to get a 2nd job. 8 hours a week. Hoping to have $80K saved by June 09. I think I can do it if I get a
2nd job.

:)

Any suggestions for 2nd job? I'm thinking maybe usher. I was thinking of nightfill but I dont think thats a good idea... might strain my hands.

Also will be looking to get some festive work around christmas time

Less than $280K

If it was me I would be looking at old Rockingham / Safety Bay. Close to the beach, train, new estates, shopping, local industry etc and easy to get into Perth, with good land component.

Something like this:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...er=&cc=&c=44767036&s=wa&snf=ras&tm=1213446906

I have no affiliation - just picked it up from a search... actually, might buy it! ;) Only problem with this one is a lack of depreciation allowances but that's a side effect of the land value and depreciation may or may not be worth much to you I don't know?

Have fun!

If it was me I would be looking at old Rockingham / Safety Bay. Close to the beach, train, new estates, shopping, local industry etc and easy to get into Perth, with good land component.

Something like this:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...er=&cc=&c=44767036&s=wa&snf=ras&tm=1213446906

Looks like someone's had a go at a tacky reno (those sorts of houses normally had dark bricks) but the price looks good. When there last October the cheapest house I could find was about $320k.

Location is OK - the major shopping centre is at the end of the street, schools are not far, wrong side of Rae Rd to be considered beachside, but still under 2km away.

Plus the agent is way out of area!

wouldnt you be better of buying or renting closer to Perth rather than living in Mandurah?

TB

Why would anyone want to live close to Perth ? :D
The partial freeway extension to South Yunderup should be completed by X-mas so if you need to do any shopping in Perth it shouldn't take more then 40-45 minutes. ;)

for those working in the city, i have heard a few mates feeling the pain with fuel prices heading to the moon!!!! some are just leaving the car at the carparks at the train station (if they can find one when they reach there). traffic and carparking getting damn ridiculous. :(

mmm... might hold the deposit for the next IP to buy carparks instead. :p

for those working in the city, i have heard a few mates feeling the pain with fuel prices heading to the moon!!!! some are just leaving the car at the carparks at the train station (if they can find one when they reach there). traffic and carparking getting damn ridiculous. :(

mmm... might hold the deposit for the next IP to buy carparks instead. :p

it's weird... i see these things coming and act, but it's all too soon and i give up then miss out. e.g. I developed in Vic park some high density townhouses on the basis that inner city living would become more popular. when i went to sell, couldn't give them away, everyone just whinged that it was better value out in the burbs where they could get 20,000sqm of house for about 10 bucks. So now those townhouses have tripled in value and the outer burbs, well you cant give themn away now. At least my own inner city house has outperformed. drag me outta here in a box i think. I have struggled to clock up 20,000kms in my car in 3 years

I hear ya Ausprop,

...so, what are ya seeing coming down the pipeline nowadays that you can take advantage of ??

well we are all aware now of the smaller hosuehold and the need for 1/2 bedroom housing. I am keen to adopt that development model further. It's hard tho when everyone seems obsessed with 3x2 vilas almost like they are with 4x2 houses.

affordability will see a need for smaller housing for sure.

I have another scary thought but am not prepared to publicise it because it talks down one of my own assets! I plan to move that as soon as i can.

not sure I have any unique insights but i would be thinking along the lines of affordability, smaller houses, alternative materials (it's no secret that I think brick is as good buried), transport oriented (e.g. clusters built around train stations such as Wellard), regional housing, cradle to grave hosuign ie. modular expandable houses.

well we are all aware now of the smaller hosuehold and the need for 1/2 bedroom housing. I am keen to adopt that development model further. It's hard tho when everyone seems obsessed with 3x2 vilas almost like they are with 4x2 houses.

affordability will see a need for smaller housing for sure.

I have another scary thought but am not prepared to publicise it because it talks down one of my own assets! I plan to move that as soon as i can.

not sure I have any unique insights but i would be thinking along the lines of affordability, smaller houses, alternative materials (it's no secret that I think brick is as good buried), transport oriented (e.g. clusters built around train stations such as Wellard), regional housing, cradle to grave hosuign ie. modular expandable houses.

Did you hear the guy auction himself in Wellard for $399000. It is too cheap!

Back