Locyker valley area (Queensland)

hello all I am happy found this site..need help I & husband thinking to relocate interstate somewhere in Queensland,we have $250K to spend at property we like semi rural but still close to primary schools & wollies as I work there ..any idea where the best place between Toowoomba-Ipswich ..http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-adare-115684187 after emailing this agent she said this property serviced with rain water tank & septic system..I and husband discuss about these things which is we prefer a property come with town water/bore..any idea which area is the best place for raising our kids,good neighbourhood , a house with town water/bore does'n matter about sewerage or septic:) we searching Laidley,Crow Nest,Gatton..the plan is hubby will go there this sunday searching & driving around these area..hope we can settle/buy soon as we worry price rocketing(we stick on a budget $250K plus stamp duty etc) ..thanks everyone..

Last edited:
hello all I am happy found this site..need help I & husband need to relocate interstate somewhere in Queensland,we have $250K to spend at property we like semi rural but still close to primary schools & wollies as I work there ..any idea where the best place between Toowoomba-Ipswich ..http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-adare-115684187 after emailing this agent she said this property serviced with rain water tank & septic system..I and husband discuss about these things which is we prefer a property come with town water/bore..any idea which area is the best place for raising our kids,good neighbourhood , a house with town water/bore does'n matter about sewerage or septic:) we searching Laidley,Crow Nest,Gatton..the plan is hubby will go there this sunday searching & driving around these area..hope we can settle/buy soon as we worry price rocketing(we stick on a budget $250K plus stamp duty etc) ..thanks everyone..sorry English is my 2nd language:D best regards from Darwin xxx

Just from the sidelines,Laidley -Gatton both are good towns ,but the one item to check is the flood areas,Crows Nest is up high on the range so no worry about floods,i think Gatton has Woolworths and several schools just ring up the local shire council and ask for the link to all the flood areas that would be the first question to ask,i,m unsure if the agent will bring that up but some of the flat black soil plains flood very often..imho..

I cant speak for Gatton, but I used to own a place close to Laidley, about ten years ago. Regency Downs is on a hill and didn't flood.

When they said it had town water, it actually had a tank system that was drip fed from the local dam. We required THREE tanks, one for roof water, one for something else (I cant remember) and a third tank to hold the water as it was released from the town supply. Once the local town dam dried up, there was no town water anyway. Gatton is a bigger town than Laidley, you can ask the council about water and sewerage there.
Bets wishes.

thanks Willair $ Angel for the valuable response.. after read Wikipedia about how small population of Crows nest n plain flood of Gatton and Laidley we turn our eyes to Deception bay or Burpengary range of prices looks ok for us..or even Leichhardt-bit worry though with flood surround it-checked the flood map.

We keep looking..hubby still go to Brisbane this sunday..inspect and looking around or even probably just buy cheap land and buiit later with www.dixsonhomes.com.au-to avoid stamp duty:D or buy their house&land package..we not rush to move but rush to buy as our budget still the same so better not delay..again thanks guys.

Back