LOE here we come

Seeing as how you live in Sydney Stu, if you are game to make the trip down I'll swap you a lesson for a beer and we'll talk investing over 9 holes.

Actually; that'd be a good trip for you; at Rosebud Country Club where I teach, there are 36 terrific holes, and pretty decent holiday units right next to the first fairway - about 200 yards from the practice fairway. It's a great place; you'd love it.

You might be onto something there LAA! Sounds like a decent proposition to me :)

Wow - this thing has really grown legs and run away with itself hasn't it ??

I might have to re-title it to something like "How's ya swing and handicap ?" :)

Wow - this thing has really grown legs and run away with itself hasn't it ??

I might have to re-title it to something like "How's ya swing and handicap ?" :)
Dazzling,just have to ask the question,did you ever finish that Book you were talking about a while back,maybe another money spinner for you in your new found life,btw well done very few make it too that level,enjoy ever second-I do-..willair..

Haven't got time to scratch myself at the mo'.

Having dramas currently with one of my best tenants that carried me through the early stages. They've decided to up and leave. So I'm in the process of trying to turn a bad thing into a very very good thing.

In terms of the book, I'm a tad fearful of that great Ozzie tradition of standing in the shadows with the arms folded, all the while kicking the cr@p out of the bloke trying to make a go of it. We seem to be fairly good at it, and I'm not too sure I want to volunteer to be the guy we all throw sh1te at.

Having read comments like "Well of course, if he was any good at it himself, it doesn't make any sense to sell books or stand up and talk to us, why doesn't he just keep buying....something is dodgy, he must be a scam artist."

I don't really wish to expose myself to that ridicule and sarcasm from complete strangers. My mentor who knows 100x as much as me would never write a book and thinks I'm a schmuck for even suggesting it.

Having dramas currently with one of my best tenants that carried me through the early stages. They've decided to up and leave. So I'm in the process of trying to turn a bad thing into a very very good thing.

In terms of the book, I'm a tad fearful of that great Ozzie tradition of standing in the shadows with the arms folded, all the while kicking the cr@p out of the bloke trying to make a go of it. We seem to be fairly good at it, and I'm not too sure I want to volunteer to be the guy we all throw sh1te at.

Having read comments like "Well of course, if he was any good at it himself, it doesn't make any sense to sell books or stand up and talk to us, why doesn't he just keep buying....something is dodgy, he must be a scam artist."

I don't really wish to expose myself to that ridicule and sarcasm from complete strangers. My mentor who knows 100x as much as me would never write a book and thinks I'm a schmuck for even suggesting it.
I agree, though at some point you need to weight what you personally find fun and go for that, you don't exactly seem like the shy and retiring type and like sharing your exploits on here so maybe a book is not a bad idea.

If you aren't feeding off the people you mingle with through selling funds, property related ventures and the like then I see that as a nice point of difference, otherwise I really appreciate the stealth wealth approach and can see myself going that way in the future.

In the meantime since I don't have that much of the filthy lucre yet I can continue to be nice and noisy on here.

Sign me up for two of your books Dazzling :)

I know what you mean Daz. I fluctuate between "Thank goodness I didn't write a book last year because how little did I know!!??!" And I know next year I will feel the same way looking back. And the next...... and the next.....and then I look at the books actually published and I am often taken about at how little they have actually achieved. It seems that confidence and achievement do not necessarily go hand in hand.....

Your book would be gold BTW especially because you are prepared to share it warts and all.......

I don't think you give yourself enough credit Dazz. As long as the book doesnt come with shameless plugs to MILLIONARE MAKER seminars then your credibility will remain. I think you have plenty to offer to people and the last thing I or anyone on here would think is that your a con.

Dazz
There's no way anyone reading your possible future book could put you in the same basket as the scam artists - Look at Jan Somers - I don't hear her being referred to as a scam artist?

Your mentor may be right. But so? You seem to be missing the bigger picture - WHAT ABOUT US?!?!? ;)

Well done for edging closer to reaching the LOE dream.

Protege looking for a mentor...........!

Dazzling

The way I see it is this...
With the skills/experience that you have acquired in this IP/wealth creation
"la cosa nostra" (=this thing of ours) it would be such a waste (if not bordering criminal) not to share these experiences with everybody via either A) a book deal or B) being my mentor.

I feel that option B would be the most appropiate for number of reasons....

A philanthropic feeling and satisfaction of giving back...........
You could "teach" me to aspire,inspire and hopefully attain the heights that you have reached so that I could also have a protege to mentor..........
And most importantly, I could write a book and make more money and take all those small minded wannabes abuse about how I coulda, shoulda, woulda and "if he is so good why does he need a book" type numbskulls so you would not have to worry about the tall poppy's.

So

What do ya reckon?

Big T

On a serious note....had the MB come around last night....not good news apparently.

Time estimate re : the LOE option was at least until the end of the year to untangle my knotted X-coll mess with the Bank, and then maybe something thereafter....with a hell of a lot of resistance from the other Banks. Still no guarantee supposedly. In the meantime, the advice was, whatever you do, don't leave paid work.

So timing wise, there's the book right out the window.

Either all of the LOE setup is true, and I've got a long road to hoe before I can pull back a wee bit, or that was a crock, the MB gets the flick and it's onto someone who can actually get this thing happening.

Why can't people move quickly....i.e. weeks rather than years ??

Dazz just dump those IPs that are a cashflow noose (you know the ones I mean!) and live off income instead of living off borrowings!

Back