LOE Model

Actually Redwing, there is some truth in your LORDIE jest. Living On Rents, Dividends, Income (i.e, fixed income (i.e. bonds etc )) & Equity is about it.
I still think property ( Dazz can argue industrial/commercial vs resi etc ) is the most enduring store of wealth, if only for the simple reason that it's hard to lose and difficult, but not impossible (for the financial-white-shoe-brigade) to steal !
Our strategy (for the next "5 years or so) is hold our leveraged (about 50% LVR) properties outside our SMSF; and hold "other investments" (particularly fully franked shares) un-leveraged in our SMSF, which is in pension phase and hence is a tax free environment ...until the gov't changes it !!!!!!) But, it still remains that somewhere along your track you have to build up equity. You have to buy an asset and increase it's value. If, as we did, you have the biggest growth in the history of debt (of all types) as the-wind-at-your-back ...well, then you can kid yourself that you're a wise investor ;)....LL

And....they changed it :D

Back