Logan Central, QLD??

$2,000 to $2,500pa for Council & Water rates is an average in the areas according to a few property managers I have spoken to.

is there any noise impact for a house lacated adcacent to (approx. 10m) from Jacaranda Ave?

Big day tommoz row attending a heap of opens from 845am In Logan/ woodridge/marsden/ Kingston are, anyone going to opens tomorrow in the area

Zzzzz

Left goldy 730
Just got back now
First inspection was at 845am.
Got sights on a property in marsden and one in waterford west.

Environmental Mining impact on Logan (if any)

Do you mean petrol? Not sure but my husband is self employed and claim for petty anyway. $225000

Hi Folks,
Thanks for your comments on Logan area. One thing that didn't get mention and would like to know is about the 'Environmental Mining' impact on Marsden/Loganlea areaspecifically as i am looking to get an IP there. I just saw amntion somewhere in plethora of links but no specific details.
Will really appreciate if someone local throw some light on it asap. Cheers

just wondering what everyones thoughts of the area,

prices in teh lower end have defnitely moved or moving,

You use to be able to pick a 3bdr original shabby place for 180-$190k if you tried hard enough, say 6 months ago, renoed from $230k

now 3bdr original shabby places are selling for around $200-$220k,
renoed ones going for $245k+

in terms of market timing, it is obvious it is the start of a growth cycle,

assuming I can pick up originals for say 195-$200k, and renovate, for similar $ CG gains but lower %s, based on the fact growth in tehshort term is guanratted???

or dosmart investors forget this area move on to outer areas?

i also have the option to buy a property next door to an IP iin the area which is a diffferent story though

comments would be apprecaited

Hi TMNT

I have been watching this area quite keenly over the last couple of years and have seen prices rise, the cheapies at the $180 - $190 k mark have all but disappeared.

Today, there are bun fights over stock standard 3 bed brick and tile homes at the $230k - $240k mark and can foresee that even this price will be a thing of the past pretty soon. I can see trends of 2770 (Mount Druitt) repeating in this area, does any one else feel bullish or is it only me ?

Real estate agents in the area have also noted the return of investors into the market ...let's watch this space.

Cherry pro
I completely agree on the fact that the market is moving especially the lower end

Which also means that the old buy renovate and create equity has become harder to get the same net capital gain

So it might be just as smart to buy and hold

However I'm tthinking should I even be competing with the Herd
I've heard many a time and people say successful investors don't follow the herd

However I'm tthinking should I even be competing with the Herd
I've heard many a time and people say successful investors don't follow the herd
I don't think the 'herd' has entered the market yet.

Personally I can never predict the hot spot or I'm not wealthy enough to risk in such locations. So the best bet is to go in when things start moving upwards. I would rather enter at 7 or 8 or 9 O'Clock than taking risking at 6 O'Clock.

Disclaimer: We bought an IP in Edens Landing last year thinking it was 6 O'Clock :)

I don't think the 'herd' has entered the market yet.

Personally I can never predict the hot spot or I'm not wealthy enough to risk in such locations. So the best bet is to go in when things start moving upwards. I would rather enter at 7 or 8 or 9 O'Clock than taking risking at 6 O'Clock.

Disclaimer: We bought an IP in Edens Landing last year thinking it was 6 O'Clock :)

really!? I would prefer 6 oclcock, as there is a higher chance to get a betterdeal with less competition,

and assuming I didnt get a bigger discount in getting in at say 7-9 oclock,

you've missed out on the growth between 6-9 oclock!

really!? I would prefer 6 oclcock, as there is a higher chance to get a betterdeal with less competition,

and assuming I didnt get a bigger discount in getting in at say 7-9 oclock,

you've missed out on the growth between 6-9 oclock!
I find that I never know what time on the clock it was until down the track. we don't know if prices are going to peak at 20% growth or 100% growth so difficult to pick 7 or 8 oclock.

I used this strategy 18 months ago in Gladstone and 8 o clock turned out to be 11.59 and what is now called one of the shortest booms in history.:eek:

as far as herds in SE qld, I can hear the hooves.

I find that I never know what time on the clock it was until down the track. we don't know if prices are going to peak at 20% growth or 100% growth so difficult to pick 7 or 8 oclock.

I used this strategy 18 months ago in Gladstone and 8 o clock turned out to be 11.59 and what is now called one of the shortest booms in history.:eek:

as far as herds in SE qld, I can hear the hooves.

ouchy, sorry to hear that, 1159 would certainly puta big dampner in my entire year!!

agree, I think the herd is already gathering, will be interesting to see what happens,

im just trying to work out whether this is going to be a boom like West Syd, or just a normal cycle of good growth or a temporary rise,

me thinks its more towards the beginning of a growth cycle but not a boom, as people get priced out of sydney, and the next capital city in terms of activity, size and location would be brisbane

also in hindsight, 10 years down the track, who cares if you buy something for $200k or $220k if its worth say $500k

I love hindsight!!

i have several ips in the logan area and although i think it will experience growth, a western sydney style boom is unlikely unless inner brissy suburbs go crazy first

i have several ips in the logan area and although i think it will experience growth, a western sydney style boom is unlikely unless inner brissy suburbs go crazy first
That seems logical, we have the classic ripple activity, nearer CBD, happening at the moment but still quieter further out. Looking increasingly likely that the smartest (luckiest?) money was buying late 2012 in Brisbane, time will tell.

I have a property at Waterford, Qld and was speaking with an agent last week. It's still quiet there, they are expecting with ripple effect that it will lift momentum 1st quarter next year.

Back