Logan Central, QLD??

To this I would add the extra coverage in the building insurance that included tenant accidental coverage to mitigate the risk.

It's not building insurance, RR101, it's the optional cover for 'accidental damage at the home' that you take out under 'Landlord insurance'.
I'm with Suncorp and it's a $1100 a year in total for both building and landlord insurance with this 'accidental damage at the home' optional cover for a 5/2 home in Woodridge.

But if you're getting $550-$660 rent a week with a government department paying for the refugee rental accommodation for a 3/1 or a 3/2, you are laughing all the way to the bank, so CONGRATULATIONS on your recent Logan purchase!!!!

And if it's Afghan, Burmese or Iraqi Christian/Muslim tenants, they are some of the best house proud refugee tenants you can have.

Having certain and constant rent like that every week from any govt dept (refugee, Centrelink/HC/DOH, disability, pension) may be the best form of ASSURED rental IP income you can have in this country that will take care of your mortgage IP repayments forever and forever AMEN.

The rent agreement is thru a regular agent in open market, so I am getting median rental, nothing flashy to go home about as it is a regular 3 bed

I think the 'accidental damage by client' coverage can be in landlord or building insurance and I think Insurer specific. With that one I am with Youii, and I can add this coverage in building insurance...

Back