Logan Central, QLD??

If you are considering Loganlea check flood maps. I also believe there is a buses terminus going in near Loganlea.

I was looking at one a few months ago in Station Rd and I noticed it went for a bit over $180000 so there are deals around (if you call that a deal).

I'm not sure what you call a great yeild.

The areas I look at are Woodridge - Kingston - Logan Central - Slacks Ck - loganlea and not in any particular order It just depends if the numbers work for me and the property does not have any serious structual issues now or potentially later on.

If you are looking around the $200000 mark there is a very good chance you will need to do something to the place.

Brian

Mr T, yes, I would.

Think Crestmead and Waterford are on par with Logan, newer development with smaller blocks as compared to Logan though.

We bought in Logan Central earlier this year, paid $231 k and get $345 per week in rent. In the process of settling on our third in the area ...this time in Marsden. Pleased with the returns for sure, the last two were purchased at auction.

Hi Cherry Pro
did the property need any renovating??

Cheers, MTR

Hi MTR

This one did not need any work and was tenanted on settlement. Was looking at one in Crestmead last week and it had offers from two Sydney Buyers Agents, agent was waiting for a better offer, I did not proceed.

Hi everyone

Is there an expert here on the forums

Was hoping someone could check out an ad for me, was wondering, it's in mars den, and was hoping someone could look at it and tell me what a fair market price for it was and if any pros ad cons

quick question for the people of the logan area and surrounds,

are there any key differences in desirability/price for a lowset vs highset,

I would assume elderly people would prefer lowset, while with a highset you can legally/illegaly convert into another bedroom, games room or storage

I think that in the last 5 years there has been little or no growth in places like Logan. We a focus on turning Logan into an industrial base I thik prices will remain flat.

When we talk about Brisbane overall I think the market is at least undervalued by around 10%. So I think if you look at properties within say 10 km of Brisbane I think that will be a safe bet.

From personal point of view I am looking at development sites within 5 km of the city.

quick question for the people of the logan area and surrounds,

are there any key differences in desirability/price for a lowset vs highset,

I would assume elderly people would prefer lowset, while with a highset you can legally/illegaly convert into another bedroom, games room or storage

I lived here a while ago, but assume nothing has really changed. The desirability in this area is brick over weatherboard. A lot of the houses have a brick facade and weather board at the back. A lot of highsets are weatherboard and are indeed built in. I think the value is in the full brick constructions, and/or, properly built brick highsets.

In Logan, I think there is also the creation of micro-pockets of good and bad areas. For example, there are patches of Kingston that are bearable to live in, while in other areas you have car bodies for decorations. It really is a matter of finding a nice street where people mow their lawns.

Hi MTR

This one did not need any work and was tenanted on settlement. Was looking at one in Crestmead last week and it had offers from two Sydney Buyers Agents, agent was waiting for a better offer, I did not proceed.

Hi Cherry Pro

Wold you ever consider Townhouses / units in Logan areas? This type of property is quite in demand too according to leasing agents. The rental yield is pretty good.

Could you please recommend a B&P inspector to the areas? Thanks
well done on your purchases.:)

Ryan

Hi Cherry Pro

Wold you ever consider Townhouses / units in Logan areas? This type of property is quite in demand too according to leasing agents. The rental yield is pretty good.

Could you please recommend a B&P inspector to the areas? Thanks
well done on your purchases.:)

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I recently purchased up in the Ipswich LGA and used twinspectors for both B&P and found them to be excellent.

http://www.twinspectors.com.au/

Jack

I think that in the last 5 years there has been little or no growth in places like Logan. We a focus on turning Logan into an industrial base I thik prices will remain flat.

When we talk about Brisbane overall I think the market is at least undervalued by around 10%. So I think if you look at properties within say 10 km of Brisbane I think that will be a safe bet.

From personal point of view I am looking at development sites within 5 km of the city.

Hi Nigel,

In relation to growth over the past 5 years in Brisbane...would you say this is indicative of the Brisbane market in general since 2007 or confined to places like Logan...?

Affordability, great CF and exposure to growth over the long term is what many people IMHO are searching for in area's like Logan and Ipswich. I can certainly see the benefits of development sites within 5km radius of the Brisbane CBD but these types of investments usually come at a significantly higher cost and out of reach of many investors

Jack

There has been little or no growth in all of south east Qld over the last five years. The Brisbane city council area has started turning around, but elsewhere, forget it.

The Federal Govt signed off on a massive military base for west of Ipswich a few years ago, but that doesn't mean they have any funds to build anything on their land. Like our atrocious public transport system, I'll believe there is growth when I actually see it. The state govt is even more bankrupt than the federal govt, so no development happening from them either.

The only growth happening is the trainline that brings coal to the ports of Gladstone and Mackay, and it's private, and something about gas and Curtis Island. None of that is Brisbane.

The main street of Ipswich CBD has been beautified and the waterfront at Redcliffe (north), and values on the Redcliffe Peninsula haven't improved.

Population growth into SEQ is minimal if any, so there are the two Coasts, and the entire Brisbane Valley going nowhere. If you expect population growth to drive values, where will your new residents choose to live? Higher-income workers can pay higher rents for higher-priced properties. There are no high-income earners in most of Logan, so your rental growth is capped. However it seems to be the place for population growth. A major employer in Ipswich is the military and their incomes are fixed. There are only so many personnel on above-average incomes to work in the hospitals and the university, and these institutions are reducing staff.

There is employment for FIFO workers in Central Qld, these are the only people with money for housing, and as we know, their numbers are limited. Would you want to FIFO of an "affordable" housing corridor outside Brisbane, or get nice "cheap" (by Sydney standards) accommodation on the coast somewhere, such as Hervey Bay, Bowen, Bargara, Airlie Beach or Yeppoon?

HINT, the weather inland is not as congenial as it is on the coast.

There has been little or no growth in all of south east Qld over the last five years.

I remember SEQ being the predicted boom hotspot about... 5-6 years ago, people were snapping up whatever they could. Goes to show that once news of a booming area gets into the mainstream news, you have missed the boat.

Thanks Jack. I will definitely check them out.

Since you were mentioned Ipswich LGA, mind to share what are the main factors for you to decide to purchase at Ipswich LGA over Logan LGA.

Cheers
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Both areas in general suit my strategy and goals.....

Affordable housing that attracts a large demographic pool of renters; Attractive purchase price; Strong CF; Large population growth; Transport infrastructure.

However, as mentioned I also like the Logan area.....

Hi Ryan,

Both areas in general suit my strategy and goals.....

Affordable housing that attracts a large demographic pool of renters; Attractive purchase price; Strong CF; Large population growth; Transport infrastructure.

However, as mentioned I also like the Logan area.....

Agreed. the investment vehicle must suit to Individual investment strategy and goals.

All the best mate.

Ryan

Enquired on a property in logan area today, 3br house of modest proportions. Agent advised that council + water rates was $5200 per annum!

Is this normal for the area? Sounds exhorbitant.

Enquired on a property in logan area today, 3br house of modest proportions. Agent advised that council + water rates was $5200 per annum!

Is this normal for the area? Sounds exhorbitant.
May be $520.00 per quarter. Last year both costed me about $2000 in Logan (Beenleigh council).

Back