logan city - feedback

Hi All

I am new here and have done some reading about logan before my first post.
I am looking to buy in the logan city in the next couple of weeks. I am looking for capital growth and can invest upto 350k. Cash flow would be good but I am happy to be neutral to get cg.

Any suggestions with reasons would be good?

Thanks in advance
Luv

hi luv

have you a specific suburb of logan in mind. the logan area is quite large and have a variety of suburbs with different risk profiles and yield returns.

Hi

If you do a search here on Logan, you will find a lot to go through.

Might be an idea to visit and get a feel for the place yourself. Having invested in Logan over the last couple of years, I still think it is a good time to be investing in Logan.

hi luv

have you a specific suburb of logan in mind. the logan area is quite large and have a variety of suburbs with different risk profiles and yield returns.

Hi Jerrym

That's the area I am seeking feedback. I don't want to miss out because I lack local knowledge. I have been looking at Kingston ,beenleigh, Woodridge, crestmead.
Q I ask myself,
Should I been looking at Woodbridge or Kingston or should I go to slacks creek instead ?

I am looking for capital growth with a moderate risk profile.

Hi

If you do a search here on Logan, you will find a lot to go through.

Might be an idea to visit and get a feel for the place yourself. Having invested in Logan over the last couple of years, I still think it is a good time to be investing in Logan.

Thanks cherry. I have learnt a lot from this forum and still learning.
Where would you buy if u were looking for capital growth?

What made you filter out all other suburbs and into Logan?
I would have thought that you invest in Logan for CF, rather than CG

Hi LoneWolf. Thanks for making me challenge my thinking. I prefer CF as well but my mid to long term goal in CG. I can do nill cashflow at this current stage of my investment journey to achieve CG.

I need to start somewhere, logan is the place i picked first.

What made you filter out all other suburbs and into Logan?
I would have thought that you invest in Logan for CF, rather than CG

You buy in Logan so the cash flow enables you to hold more property which hey go up in value .

We bought in Logan in last cycle when returns where > 10 % . Never had any positive cash flow , but the lowest capital gain we made on the seven properties we bought was 62.5 to 145 in around 3 years .

Cliff

I understand CF is nice, but with extra 50bucks or so a week is not going to make you rich, no? Unless you can accumulate a decent amount of these CF properties, but then again my main point here is not to argue between CG vs CF

On the other hand, how much deposit can one accumulate to collect all these CF properties, especially when CG can be very minimal for most of these CF areas, (this obviously does not apply to all)

Say, you were able to get 5 CF properties, with average return of 50bucks a week / site, now you get $250 in total per week.. what's next? What would be the next key strategy to your financial freedom? Keep going and collect more?

Hi Jerrym

That's the area I am seeking feedback. I don't want to miss out because I lack local knowledge. I have been looking at Kingston ,beenleigh, Woodridge, crestmead.
Q I ask myself,
Should I been looking at Woodbridge or Kingston or should I go to slacks creek instead ?

I am looking for capital growth with a moderate risk profile.

if CG is your strategy and the budget is 350k then i would take a look at strathpine or bray park the yield is not as high as in logan but the potential for CG would be better.

if CG is your strategy and the budget is 350k then i would take a look at strathpine or bray park the yield is not as high as in logan but the potential for CG would be better.

Thanks jerrym. I will look into it. Any specific reasoning for cg?

You buy in Logan so the cash flow enables you to hold more property which hey go up in value .

We bought in Logan in last cycle when returns where > 10 % . Never had any positive cash flow , but the lowest capital gain we made on the seven properties we bought was 62.5 to 145 in around 3 years .

Cliff

Is that %?. If that's the that's great. I may have missed the first cycle

Cliff

I understand CF is nice, but with extra 50bucks or so a week is not going to make you rich, no? Unless you can accumulate a decent amount of these CF properties, but then again my main point here is not to argue between CG vs CF

On the other hand, how much deposit can one accumulate to collect all these CF properties, especially when CG can be very minimal for most of these CF areas, (this obviously does not apply to all)

Say, you were able to get 5 CF properties, with average return of 50bucks a week / site, now you get $250 in total per week.. what's next? What would be the next key strategy to your financial freedom? Keep going and collect more?

I agree. That would be great. What if the 5 prop also doubled in value.

On the other hand, how much deposit can one accumulate to collect all these CF properties, especially when CG can be very minimal for most of these CF areas, (this obviously does not apply to

Every one I know who has bought CF properties has made good capital growth unless they bought them at the wrong time of the cycle . To say they dont have good capital growth is just plain wrong .

If I was buying at the moment , I think there are plenty of places around that have good returns and will see good growth in the short to medium term of under 4 years .

Cliff

Every one I know who has bought CF properties has made good capital growth unless they bought them at the wrong time of the cycle . To say they dont have good capital growth is just plain wrong .

If I was buying at the moment , I think there are plenty of places around that have good returns and will see good growth in the short to medium term of under 4 years .

Cliff

+1

As long as there is population increase (which usually means capital city suburbs), CG will always be there when there is good CF. Case in point, suburbs like Mt Druitt, Fairfield, Liverpool can have 30-50% CG in a few years. Logan is pretty much the same and will go up when the market returns

+1

As long as there is population increase (which usually means capital city suburbs), CG will always be there when there is good CF. Case in point, suburbs like Mt Druitt, Fairfield, Liverpool can have 30-50% CG in a few years. Logan is pretty much the same and will go up when the market returns

Population growth is irrelevant unless it's a place that is dying . Seriously .

Last Cycle all the people into fundamental analysis ridiculed those of us buying in Tassie , pointing to the decreasing population , high unemployment etc etc .
Didn't stop the property we bought in Hobart over doubling while always giving a return of over 10 % .

Personally we only buy in capital cities or major regional centers . We do look for places with diversified economies so we went for Rocky and Townsville rather Gladstone and Cairns.

Cliff

I've been doing some on the ground research in Logan in the last few days. The only 2c I'll throw in for the moment is that there is a lot of variation of property values and streets, even within the same suburb. Take Kingston for example, the eastern side of Kingston Road certainly differs from those on the western side.

Taking a step back into the broader Logan LGA, the eastern side of the Pacific Motorway is very different from the western side, and south of the Logan Motorway is also a different kettle of fish.

Luv! (I can say that without being disrespectful!)

350k in Logan?

Let me put it into a melbourne perspective

It's like rocking up to dandenong with 500k to burn

Cliff I know you made money on Logan but how can you justify Logan at 350 over Redlands or redcliffe or wynnum west or countless other locations

Luv, you can buy a house in frankston, hoppers crossing, werribee, laverton, St. Albans, sunshine west, lalor? For the same price all with better growth potential

Strongy

Why he could buy 2 x 2 bed units or a 3 bed house + 1 bed unit for around $350 k which will return around 500 per week, a 7.4% return. I seriously think the growth in Logan will come sooner than Werribee or HC.

Haven't looked at Werribee / Hoppers / Cranbourne for about the last 6 years but 3 bed homes mid 2007 were selling around $210k - $240k mark.

Back