Logan dual-occupancy

Hi All,

I am looking at purchasing a property in the Logan area with the intent of building a second house (to be rented separately) behind the existing house. Has anyone got any experience with such a project?

I would appreciate any advice and outline of approximate figures in terms of application fees, cost of new build, rent return, etc.

I've searched the forums and found much discussion on dual-occupancy in Logan, but no mention of someone who has gone down this path already.

Thanks.

The Draft Logan planning scheme will help with these sorts of developments, smaller lot size requirements etc. Google that and have a read of their dual key, dual occupancy and duplex provisions.

There is a lot you need to be aware of before proceeding with these developments. As Darryl stated the Draft Logan planning scheme will be good start however, you also need to do your due diligence and feasibility before doing such a project.

There are also some other great strategies out there whereby you can manufacture some great equity together with producing a good level of cash flow.

It is important before doing any project to surround yourself with the right group of people. You need to know information like how you should purchase the property. What deposit should you use, should you buy it in a trust or personal names, if in a trust how many trusts per development should you create, how should you go about the finance to make sure it stays in residential lending terms etc.

You need to get everything right or otherwise it can start costing you unnecessary money moving forward that you didn't anticipate

Back