looking for a job that fits property investing needs

Maybe they should have employed him to head up their outsourcing division;).

This would have been the smartest thing to do considering the guys in China doing his job were better than anyone else they had on their payroll.

During that time, he received sparkling performance reviews from the company's HR department. "Quarter after quarter, his performance review noted him as the best developer in the building," Valentine said.

I have to wonder how much time SteveCo needs to be an investor? All my 'searching' is done at night. I might make a few calls during the day occassionally - this week's tally is probably 3 but most weeks it's 0.

I tend to operate via email where I can which I can ignore when my work dictates and answer at lunch etc.

Sigh - I know I shouldn't have suggested govt/local govt to him. People like him would slow down an already painful system. I don't want my taxes going to paying people to do nothing - that's the dole :rolleyes:.

Maybe he should become a better investor so it doesn't take up as much time.

I have to wonder how much time SteveCo needs to be an investor? All my 'searching' is done at night. I might make a few calls during the day occassionally - this week's tally is probably 3 but most weeks it's 0.

I tend to operate via email where I can which I can ignore when my work dictates and answer at lunch etc.

Sigh - I know I shouldn't have suggested govt/local govt to him. People like him would slow down an already painful system. I don't want my taxes going to paying people to do nothing - that's the dole :rolleyes:.

Maybe he should become a better investor so it doesn't take up as much time.

You are more than a little intelligent Myf, we both know "i need to do bugger all so i can findd the time to invest" is code for "i like doing bugger all on other peoples' dime".

SteveCo - I despise what you are suggesting and the fact you seem to be proud of the fact you got away with it in multiple companies.

It's equivalent to fraud in my eyes.

You display extreme laziness, low morals and unbelieveable self-centredness.

Probably the type of employee that gets terminated for the above, then 'goes' the employer for unfair dismissal.

Your time in this life is finite, and this is how you choose to spend it?

You need to have a good hard look at yourself in the mirror.

I've done a number of jobs that have accomodated these needs within sales/business development, but once they were fed up with me being a slackarse and not bringing in business into the company after a few months, I pretty much got the sack from each of them (albeit I managed to purchase a number of properties within the short timeframe for each role I was able to hold).....

Do em for unfair dismissal, Fair Work lawyers will back you to the hilt, how dare they sack you, it's unstrain

as i said...controversial!

though didn't expect there to be so many moral policing mums and dads here! ...did not come here to be judged but clearly many have the need to become emotionally involved in a forum supposedly focused on investment and making money!

I'm certain many people on this forum have a similar mentality and attitude as I do although they may not be so openly blunt (or shall I say brave) about it;

how many posts do we see about some guy who's hates their 9-5 rat race job and is looking at property investment as hope to finally end their daily torment

how many successful tales are there about some guy who had to work 3 jobs that he hated and was fired several times before he painstakingly saved deposits to buy properties and get to a position where he can leave that hell behind...

Such is the corporate capitalist drudgery we choose to expose ourselves to...an 'I win, you lose' world where the only fragment of hope for most during the mundanity come in the form of "hump days" and "TGIF".

On the other hand, how naive must you be as an employer to expect people to dedicate their lives to make you successful and rich, and how stupid are you to allow gaps where someone you pay and protect have the capacity to do sweet f**k all and completely get away with it?

Maybe I'm cynical though. When it comes to money, I see things as black and white and if the way the "system and rules" are setup to give you a choice of taking an easier route to get you where you want to go, then I am absolutely going to take complete advantage of that. End of the day, if I'm not doing whatever it takes to fulfil my own dreams and goals, I'm wasting my time fulfilling someone elses (from a purely commercial standpoint)

Nonetheless, everything I've been doing has worked for me so far and I'm about 8 months (or 6 properties) away from 'retiring' on a bed of positively geared properties! Only then can I look at selling a few and focus all my time and resources on my next goal - developing units!

Anyway, wish me luck with my interviews next week (I did manage to secure an interview at a local council but the other corporate ones i'm looking at definetly pay far better!)

Thanks Westminster I will definetly trawl through some local/state government job boards.....good base, flexible work hours...sounds good!

I think the way I phrased the post could conjure up some negative perceptions, though I suspect that even though I'm being bluntly honest, my sentiments reflect the way of thinking of many people who are in property investment with a goal of retiring early...

-1, I doubt that. I actually had a laugh and thought your email was a joke, but I do not know you, right?:D
Anyway, I am just baffled how can you on one had be an investor and on the other hand be lazy???????????? Beats me, but I would certainly not like to hire you, sorry......:(
I am unfortunately one of those people that doesn't think that when I can retire and live off my investments, that all my problems will be solved and I do not need to do anything else, that I will not be faced with any new challenges (or problems). That's just life!:eek:

-1, I doubt that. I actually had a laugh and thought your email was a joke, but I do not know you, right?:D
Anyway, I am just baffled how can you on one had be an investor and on the other hand be lazy???????????? Beats me, but I would certainly not like to hire you, sorry......:(
I am unfortunately one of those people that doesn't think that when I can retire and live off my investments, that all my problems will be solved and I do not need to do anything else, that I will not be faced with any new challenges (or problems). That's just life!:eek:

partially right...it is called ambitiously lazy :)
I need to only use 20% of my skills to produce at work...$ is ok. but i get valuable time to build a part time business after work!
i could switch and make more active $ ..but loose valuable time...

if you only talking investing IP, investing some evening/weekend time should suffice i think ?

The country as a whole is trying to improve productivity. This attitude drags the country backwards big time....and I suspect it happens heaps in big companies and govt depts alike.

..which is why when TA gets into power he will start firing people in the public service.

Anyway, wish me luck with my interviews next week (I did manage to secure an interview at a local council but the other corporate ones i'm looking at definetly pay far better!)

Ah, no, I won't wish you luck in pursuing this facade of faux working.

....and if that's an example of your spelling abilities, hopefully the big companies and local councils turf your Cv and application out before you get any further in their process.

partially right...it is called ambitiously lazy :)
I need to only use 20% of my skills to produce at work...$ is ok. but i get valuable time to build a part time business after work!
i could switch and make more active $ ..but loose valuable time...

Ambitiously lazy is a nice way to phrase it :)
It's called leveraging time and I believe this is what the OP was alluding to but it came across like he was a parasite.

morally/ethically aside

id say almost 40% of the people I meet say in government jobs say its just a joke how most of these jobs even exists, and what steve does is pretty much what most people do and are expected to do, its not their fault that their is literally nothing to do in their jobs or the workload is so low,

combined with the great benefits, then why would you get fat, get stressed, depressed, lose your hair over a similar paying job

morally/ethically aside

id say almost 40% of the people I meet say in government jobs say its just a joke how most of these jobs even exists, and what steve does is pretty much what most people do and are expected to do, its not their fault that their is literally nothing to do in their jobs or the workload is so low,

combined with the great benefits, then why would you get fat, get stressed, depressed, lose your hair over a similar paying job

it is not someones fault that they are actively looking for a job where he can do enough just not to get fired? i think youre being mighty generous here, especially when he has been fired from his last few jobs for doing absolutely no work

You could always get a job as a Union Official, you wouldn't even need to earn a whole lot of money as you can just spend the Union members $$$$ all for yourself. Then sit back and invest...... you may even get to buy an investment property or 2 from the Members dues, just call it...say...ummm...ahhhh (workplace Reform Association)....something along those lines.

Nonetheless, everything I've been doing has worked for me so far and I'm about 8 months (or 6 properties) away from 'retiring' on a bed of positively geared properties! Only then can I look at selling a few and focus all my time and resources on my next goal - developing units!

You're either a very capable investor or are accustomed to very well paying jobs to need only 8 months to buy 6 properties.

Or option C, you're something of an embellisher.

You're either a very capable investor or are accustomed to very well paying jobs to need only 8 months to buy 6 properties.

Or option C, you're something of an embellisher.

I'll have you know i made $1m while brushing my teeth today, and that was despite only half trying.

You must be a doctor! :D

lol. Nice one Aaron.

Jokes aside, I worked at council and just like most/all organisations the 80/20 rule seems to apply. 80% of the work is done by 20% of the workers.

For those who work and who have ambition, council provides some excellent opportunities. I was running a crew of 60 when I was 23, and FML it was hard and not an enviable job, doing 80hr+ weeks.

There are admitadly a LOT of positions within the other portion where they do sweet-fa, it is easier to ignore them than try to fix the system unfortunately.

Back