Looking for a web based calendar?

I need a calendar that 6-8 employees can access and update. Can be hosted on the server if needed.

Can anyone suggest anything please!

Thanks

If your office has its own exchange server, it's usually fairly straight forward to set up a shared calendar. They can even be accessed online.

I agree Google calender is great, but exchange has better integration with other systems and devices (such as mobile phones).

Thanks very much everyone, I'll investigate them all:)
I don't know if your people need Word/Excel or the like.

But I do know that some (perhaps smaller) offices are starting to use Google Docs as an alternative to MS Office. The office where MrsW works, which is a web based accomodation finder (www.takebreak.com.au) uses Google Docs exclusively.

Like Google Calendar, it's a very good way of sharing stuff between people.

And it's obviously a lot cheaper than MS Office. (Though if cheap but powerful were the only issues, Open Office can provide solutions).

Personally, I use the programming language behind Word and Excel, and find it very powerful. As yet, I don't see any challenge in this area from Google or Open Office.

But I don't think Microsoft have done their own products justice, and perhaps 99% of users are not aware of the power available.

I use Google Calendar and have it setup to synchronise with my mobile phone's calendar every 15 mins using GooSync.

If you run your own mail server have a look at horde
it allows you to run a web based mail client, calanders with meetings etc note books, address books. all the good stuff a company could require and best of all it is open source which means free.

I have been running it for about 9 years both privately and at companies that I worked for and have had no problems with it.

i run google calendar, used to use GCal sync which synced auto with my phone, now its a $$ app. I use the free goosync which gives me 4 weeks in advance, 1 behind but i have to press a button to activate it once a day.

annoys me that google syncs for iphone users even though symbian has been around a lot longer and has more users, but doesn't come in a shiny box ...

Last edited by a moderator:
i run google calendar, used to use GCal sync which synced auto with my phone, now its a $$ app. I use the free goosync which gives me 4 weeks in advance, 1 behind but i have to press a button to activate it once a day.

annoys me that google syncs for iphone users even though symbian has been around a lot longer and has more users, but doesn't come in a shiny box ...

The latest iPhone firmware (3.0) improves the inbuilt calendar with CalDAV support. This means you can keep your Google Calendar in sync with your iPhone without any additional software or shernanigans.

For instructions, go to:

http://blogs.sun.com/chienr/entry/configuring_caldav_on_iphone_3

The upcoming google wave http://mashable.com/2009/05/28/google-wave-guide/

Google Wave is a real-time communication platform. It combines aspects of email, instant messaging, wikis, web chat, social networking, and project management to build one elegant, in-browser communication client. You can bring a group of friends or business partners together to discuss how your day has been or share files.

Back