Looking for Book on Loans

Many years ago I purchased a book on loans and interest. It clearly outlined how interest is charged and added to the loan in a very easy to understand way. It also discussed how to pay the home loan off sooner and other topics. From a tax point of view it was not good advice as they recommended St George's portfolio loan and paying all income into the loan and redrawing to pay expenses etc. But that could be rectified with an offset.

It was so good I lent it out to a client and told him to take care and remember to give it back. He never did and now I am trying to locate a copy, but I have no idea of the title or the year but it was around 2004 or 2003. I think it had a blue cover.

Would anyone know which book I am talking about here?

Could be Fast Money by Edna Carew. Original copies were called the Blue Book (AFMA cover) as I recall from my Treasury days. The staple of the Australian Financial Markets in 1980's to 1990's to modern times. The bible of financial market maths and products incl derivative maths etc. Later editions incl spreadsheet tools.

Language of Money I think was a consumer focussed book.

http://www.amazon.com/Edna-Carew/e/B001JP4BAK

Many years ago I purchased a book on loans and interest. It clearly outlined how interest is charged and added to the loan in a very easy to understand way. It also discussed how to pay the home loan off sooner and other topics. From a tax point of view it was not good advice as they recommended St George's portfolio loan and paying all income into the loan and redrawing to pay expenses etc. But that could be rectified with an offset.

It was so good I lent it out to a client and told him to take care and remember to give it back. He never did and now I am trying to locate a copy, but I have no idea of the title or the year but it was around 2004 or 2003. I think it had a blue cover.

Would anyone know which book I am talking about here?

Oops I had 2 boxes for over ten years and threw them out last year, i remember the exact book with the blue and white and yellow writing on cover, it was written by a woman.

Last edited:
Oops I had 2 boxes for over ten years and through them out last year, i remember the exact book with the blue and white and yellow writing on cover, it was written by a woman.

No wonder it had bad advice in it then

:D

No wonder it had bad advice in it then

:D

I remember something about asking people in line at the supermarket to give you cash for their groceries and then you pay for them on your card and put the cash in the loan for the 55 days until the repayment on card was due.

I remember something about asking people in line at the supermarket to give you cash for their groceries and then you pay for them on your card and put the cash in the loan for the 55 days until the repayment on card was due.

Thanks everybody. NPB this rings a bell (and no not an Anita Bell). I think it is the one mentioned by NPB.

NBP

Does this look like the book you were thinking of?

Fast track your mortgage : save thousands and live the life you want
Author: Lorraine Graham

https://www.worldcat.org/title/fast...you-want/oclc/156020842&referer=brief_results

It has a yellow cover, but it is a female author.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/151...2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=107&chn=ps

This is the book I was thinking of.

Now I am thinking I might be confusing Anita Bell's content with the appearance of this one so basically i am not helping at all! Been over 10 years since i read either of them.

Hum I might buy myself a copy:)

Hold off until I confirm my memory of it being good. From memory, 10 years back now, this is the book that made it click for me in terms of understanding how interest works. but the book ignored the tax side of things and it would be a disaster to set it up like the author suggests.

Hold off until I confirm my memory of it being good. From memory, 10 years back now, this is the book that made it click for me in terms of understanding how interest works. but the book ignored the tax side of things and it would be a disaster to set it up like the author suggests.

No worries will do.

I thought it may have been

How to Own Your Home Years Sooner & Retire Debt Free by Harj Gill

My old copy has this cover

m2VBxuGiEVLZLrSmFE6MWvg.jpg

Back