Looking for broker

Hi guys

I'm looking for a Broker to have a quick chat with about serviceability. We have a regular Broker but would like a second opinion and or more options

Please PM if you have some spare time. Thank you

A couple of thoughts if I may;

1) If you don't trust your current team of professionals (be it broker or accountant or property manager or whatever) then you're already on a slippery slope. Have they actually done something wrong? Do you feel you're not on the same page as you? Is it possible you haven't provided all the information (not only financial stuff, but also directional stuff) ?

2) If there's no business to be expected, why do you expect someone to help you out for free? Have you considered offering fee for service?

A couple of thoughts if I may;

2) If there's no business to be expected, why do you expect someone to help you out for free? Have you considered offering fee for service?

I have done this type of thing for free before but its not that helpful for anyone. If I come up with an opinion that is opposed to you current broker what do you do then? EG I say you can borrow another $500K your broker says you are maxed out. You go back to your broker he / she says I don't know what I'm are talking about and I say he /she is missing this etc etc and around we go. The other thing is they will be privy to your whole situation while without basically applying for a new loan I wouldn't be fully across your situation.

So I recommend you approach your broker again and if they wont assist you approach someone else with a view to actually doing some business if you get the answer you are looking for.

I am happily to have a look your situation, not means to do business, but to explore if there is anything you might not thing of or need help.

or

why not tell us your situation, I think people on the forum are happy to give you some general ideas:)

I think the OP is entitled to a second opinion and taking a cautious approach.

There are many brokers in the field. Without second opinions, how would one judge for himself/herself who's the right broker to deal with?

Even though the OP maybe getting two conflicting opinions and may actually make it more difficult to make decisions and take more time to achieve it. I think this is where the learning comes in for the OP and become more aware of the different opinions/strategies that exist out there.

I'm sorry guys but I'm an honest person and will not waste people's time without first being up front.

My current Broker has done great things for us in the past but is so busy these days I don't feel he has time to properly go over our numbers. Because I'm now semi retired and run a small business he's telling me I need to get a full time job. My Wife works full time. And in saying that I was able to borrow $1.6M all on my own when rates were at 8% earning $45k a year and don't understand why I have to get a job too. Hence why I'd like to speak with another Broker for a second/third opinion.

I already have max tax deductions through my business. The Wife has none so a property investment would benefit her at 100% ownership. We have a large deposit and only want to borrow around 60%

I'm sorry guys but I'm an honest person and will not waste people's time without first being up front.

My current Broker has done great things for us in the past but is so busy these days I don't feel he has time to properly go over our numbers. Because I'm now semi retired and run a small business he's telling me I need to get a full time job. My Wife works full time. And in saying that I was able to borrow $1.6M all on my own when rates were at 8% earning $45k a year and don't understand why I have to get a job too. Hence why I'd like to speak with another Broker for a second/third opinion.

I already have max tax deductions through my business. The Wife has none so a property investment would benefit her at 100% ownership. We have a large deposit and only want to borrow around 60%

Ok so why not get a second opinion and be prepared to act on it while first notifying your broker that you will be doing so. You never know that might get them to act. Nothing untoward there if it is done professionally.

As an aside maybe the current broker was looking at low or no doc options back when rates where at 8% pa. It was very popular in those days and just needed a declaration by the borrower of their income or simply that they could afford it. Low doc loans are still around to some degree but not as widespread. Many brokers refuse to do them now with the lending legislation as it is.

Hi guys. I was in a full time job at the time of my lending. I've only been in business 6 months now in a different industry so I think I'll have to put my dream aside (why would anyone want to actually do that?) And get a full time job I dislike. Or, the Wife gets a loan for $250k or so. I told our Broker that if he's too busy we don't want to put up with another 6 month wait and he said "I'm always busy but I'm prepared to help" meaning you'll get the same horrible service you did last time if you agree to go with me. It took 6 MONTHS for a refi and I had to hastle him every few days No joke. Plus, he's travelling the globe most of the time now so it may be even worse

I also think maybe he just assumes he'll have no problem getting a loan with two certain incomes rather than one but because I was able to borrow so much on so little I'm questioning

Hiya

The short term s/e is the issue here. You won't be able to use any of that business income for servicing until you've got a couple of years financials behind you (you may get away with one).

Cheers

Jamie

6 months in small business is a no go, one or two lenders will do 12 months but majority want 24 months. It'd be partially in your favour if it was still same industry as your employment though, as they'd make an allowance for you.

Depending on what the MRS earns, she may be able to borrow. Otherwise your best bet is to keep saving / gaining equity until you've reached 12 / 24 months.

Did you consider writing that in your first post before everyone started asking about your occupation / business?
Have you considered asking your existing broker if wife can service loan?

Sorry but you seem all over the place.

No problems getting a second opinion - just contact another broker and maybe they can think of something that the first broker hasn't thought of which is what you are talking about.

Some brokers will spare the time and some won't.

Can I brown nose abit and mention that the SS brokers are the best. The amount of pro bono work/ free advice you guys provide to the forum is commendable!!!

Back