Looking for draftsman for Blacktown Council (Duplex)

Hi all

A colleague at work has a large black of land in Blacktown which he is looking to build a duplex on.

I’m looking for a suitable draftsman who is familiar with the Blacktown DCP who can design a suitable duplex and manage the DA process.

Cheers

Luke

I must have been using the LOA well as I was only thinking the last few days I wouldn't mind another small drafting job... I only take on one job on at a time and am just about finished the one I'm working on.

FrankGrimes, I'm an architectural draftsperson who lives in Blacktown shire and am know the DCP well (am currently working on a large job for employer there too). I have over 20 years experience as a drafty and townhouses and duplexes are my specialty.

The reason Maniyak recommended me is because I designed a duplex for him many years ago before our Somersoft days, then we ran into each other again here :D

I will PM you my phone number if your friend wants to call me for a chat.

I did think of you Jindaro but wasn't sure if you did smaller jobs. But that's excellent news. Send me your phone number I'll get him to call you! His name is Marcello.

BTW Sharon, what's the rules in Blacktown for sub-division of duplexes? I know detached D/O on 600+ corner blocks can, but what are their current rules with attached. Not planing anything (I have enough development non starters right now), just curious.

BTW Sharon, what's the rules in Blacktown for sub-division of duplexes? I know detached D/O on 600+ corner blocks can, but what are their current rules with attached. Not planing anything (I have enough development non starters right now), just curious.
You can only subdivide corner blocks 600sqm as you stated. No subdivision of standard blocks. But I did save a local article a month ago. They said Council is talking about allowing dual occ subdivision again but not until 2010. I can't wait as my PPOR is ripe for a detached house down the back. I've done my figures and it's just not worth building unless I can subdivide and obtain higher final valuations.

I'll be the first to submit my dual occ plans when they do change their rules :)

Very helpful

HI All,
Spoke to Sharon about the proposed development that I am planning to do if I buy next door. She was so helpful with all the information for a first time developer. She is Very friendly :) and very helpful :D and I think I will use her for my plans when time comes........

D/O in Quakers Hill

Im looking for a suitable draftsperson to help me put a second dwelling at the back of my existing home.. Im on a 913sqm block with a backyard of 25m x 17m, I am thinking of putting a second dwelling at the back as i have a 4m side access as well for driveway. I need someone to help me design and put the project through the council. This is my first time attempt ever into such a project and have absolutely no idea where to start from... Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Harry ([email protected])

jindaro

hi i am trying to get in with jindaro or would someone know good draftsman to design duplex in Blacktown area. thanks

Jindaro is a friend of mine. She's still around, but doesn't post much at the moment. I'll give her a call & let her know you were asking about her.

I'm here :)

Thanks for the phone call Skater :)

Ekman, I'll pm you with my details...

I do pop in from time to time - was only here a few days ago but missed your message :(

Hello everyone !!

We just had a draftsman over yesterday to do drawings for renovations. He hasnt done the job yet, but seemed like a nice young lad. He came within a day of our phone call, turned up on time and seemed to know what he was doing.... so so far so good.

His name is Ben Byrnes. company name is Technical Designs. mobile 0418 961 681.
he's based in Parramatta I think.

..... but he needs to finish our job first, OK?!! ;)

Back