Looking for First Investment Property in Brisbane Area - Where?

Hello everyone,

I have recently joined the forum after making the decision to purchase my first investment property whilst still living at home with my folks. My budget will stretch to around $370,000 and I am leaning towards purchasing a house and doing some minor renovations if necessary.

As a starting point, I would like to identify some key areas/suburbs in Brisbane that have the highest potential for capital growth over the next 3 -10 years. I have read that the Redcliffe Peninsula has great potential but wanted some more options to focus my searches on.

Does anyone have any suggestions into areas I should be looking at? I am new to the investment market and would appreciate any assistance!

Thankyou

Greg

PM me your email address, and as you are interested in the Redcliffe Peninsula, I can email you a report.

I have a PRD Nationwide Highlight Report of the Redcliffe Peninsula that came out last month.

I haven't reviewed it, but has 16 pages of data and info.

At least, a bit more to read on the area will only add to your DD (Due Diligence)

I tried uploading it, but is too large.

Cheers,:)

F

I live in WA and I am planing to buy my 4th IP in Brisbane, can you pl forward me the report. I know nothing about Brisbane suburbs but I have read somewhere that Brisbane is a good place to buy IP. [email protected]
Thanks.

I live in WA and I am planing to buy my 4th IP in Brisbane, can you pl forward me the report. I know nothing about Brisbane suburbs but I have read somewhere that Brisbane is a good place to buy IP. [email protected]
Thanks.

Don't quite understand....if you know nothing of the brisbane area, then how do you have 4 IP's here?:confused:

Anyway, report is on its way.

Cheers,

F

one word or name for you.............TOOWOOMBA

It is going VERY well of late and is about to heat right up.

1. Big mining boom for the area......Huge rental demand to come with it and a big run up in property prices $$$$

http://www.thechronicle.com.au/story/2009/09/18/jobs-boom-gas-giant-invests-3b/

2. Water online within 2-3 months.......

3. very good infrastucture and getting bigger.

4. Great returns ........

Make up your own minds, but imo Toowoomba is a WINNER

Place to invest = Redcliffe

Hello everyone,

I have recently joined the forum after making the decision to purchase my first investment property whilst still living at home with my folks. My budget will stretch to around $370,000 and I am leaning towards purchasing a house and doing some minor renovations if necessary.

As a starting point, I would like to identify some key areas/suburbs in Brisbane that have the highest potential for capital growth over the next 3 -10 years. I have read that the Redcliffe Peninsula has great potential but wanted some more options to focus my searches on.

Does anyone have any suggestions into areas I should be looking at? I am new to the investment market and would appreciate any assistance!

Thankyou

Greg

G'day Greg,

Glad to hear your making the step to property investor, congrats.
I live and invest in Redcliffe. It has fantastic future growth.
There is $1 billion plus in development in the area.

- $315 million duplication of the Houghton Highway (Bridge) This will help
congestion to and from the Brisbane CBD (30 mins)
- 150 million Mon Komo development. Sydney based developer Kyko Group
are building a caribbean themed mixed use development overlooking
Moreton Bay. (Im not a sales rep for them;)
- 65 million Redcliffe Shopping village with a Woolworths.
- 80 million upgrade to Kippa-Ring Shopping village.
- 27 million upgrade to Redcliffe Hospital.
- 10 million Woody Point jetty and upgrade to foreshore.
I think this enough...

The regions population is 333,000. Forecast to grow to 490,000 by 2026. Redcliffe also attracts 1.2 million visitors / year.

Median house price is $350k, with 15.8% annual growth over 10 years.

In saying all this there are specific areas on the Peninsula.
Hope this helps a little. If you have any specific questions regarding the area or anything else about your investment let me know.

Kind Regards
Matt

Hi Fudge,
Thanks for report.
Sorry for confusion. (English is 3rd language, that is the reason:D) New immigrant (Oct 2007) still learning Ausinglish, IP, and many other things.
I have got 3 IPs in Perth and planning to buy 4th in Brisbane.
Thanks.

Hi Fudge,
Thanks for report.
Sorry for confusion. (English is 3rd language, that is the reason:D) New immigrant (Oct 2007) still learning Ausinglish, IP, and many other things.
I have got 3 IPs in Perth and planning to buy 4th in Brisbane.
Thanks.

Vsdabhi, you have done very very well to already have 3 Ips here in Perth and looking for number 4 since you have only immigrated here 2 years ago. You've already placed yourself ahead of 95% of the population here already.

What got into property here? Did or do you have property from where ever you immigrated from?

would anyone happen to have details/reports of coomera/helensvale

couple of places i fell in love...and would dearly like to purchase an IP there.

- $315 million duplication of the Houghton Highway (Bridge) This will help
congestion to and from the Brisbane CBD (30 mins)

I drive Bne CBD to Redcliffe very often at non peak hour and have never gone close to 30 minutes. 40 minutes at the very best.

I also have a friend that lives at Clontarf (closest point to Bne on the Peninsular for those that don't know the area) who has to drive to the city for work. He can never get to the CBD in under 50 minutes at that time. It is quite often dramatically more than 50min.

There is no where 40kms from the CBD of Brisbane that can be accessed in peak times at 30min.

Back