Looking for help. Cairns locals chime in

That sounds pretty good, might have some equity to play with? ;)

Ha, yeah, I thought that today when I did the sums of how much usable equity I had to play with and mentally started to spend it on property purchases.

I then reminded myself I have enough on my plate at the moment to keep myself amused for at least 12 months so I shall continue to watch that equity grow!

Hi Bran

Suburbs are moving at different rates, as are houses vs units.

Based on the timeframe you mention, and very generally speaking, my observation is that there is a bit more stock on the market across the region in the last month or so since the Christmas holidays. Prior to this, there was a bit of pent up demand based on people holding off from selling, waiting for news on Aquis.
However, things are definitely moving across the region, and Herron Todd White have moved Cairns as a whole into the 'rising market' phase. I suggest you check out these sources for further detail:

If you're after a desktop valuation, you can do it online via residex for a fee, or have a look at onthehouse.com.au (will give you a range) or if you have a Commonwealth Bank account, go via the MyWealth facility, which draws on RPData. You can also use recent comparable sales to get an idea - I find http://house.ksou.cn/ pretty good for sold price data.

Regards

Jen

Back