Looking for right IP?

Hi All,

This post is for two reasons, one to say we are settling on our first IP on the 6th of Nov, and secondly to recommend Judy from Sandcastles as a buyer’s agent for the Nth of Brisbane area.

We looked into buyers agents after seeing Judy's post on this forum and felt more comfortable with this option for our 1st IP. Judy is loaded with energy and local knowledge, which certainly helped us as we are from NSW. Judy kept in close contact throughout the process and are very happy with her service.

IP number one is soon to be out of the way, now onto number two!!!

Cheers all

Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff
Hi All,

This post is for two reasons, one to say we are settling on our first IP on the 6th of Nov, and secondly to recommend Judy from Sandcastles as a buyer’s agent for the Nth of Brisbane area.

We looked into buyers agents after seeing Judy's post on this forum and felt more comfortable with this option for our 1st IP. Judy is loaded with energy and local knowledge, which certainly helped us as we are from NSW. Judy kept in close contact throughout the process and are very happy with her service.

IP number one is soon to be out of the way, now onto number two!!!

Cheers all

Jeff

Just wanted to second this. I recently settled on a new place in QLD. This would have been pretty hard to do without her help.

For more specifics feel free to PM or email me.

Catch up post

Hi all

Just thought you may be interested to know that the clients that I mentioned on here a number of months ago have finished their renovations.

I am most impressed with their work and their dedication. I just thought I would follow up with their story on their renovations.

Upon purchasing thier property, my clients got straight in and within the first two weeks had the house restumped and rubbish removed. Then over the next month the deck was rebuilt after some issues securing the builder.

They (like most renovators) spent more than they had liked to in the first two months and had to seriously look at what to do for the final projects ie painting, putting in driveway and generally finishing off the property. These guys then started to do it tough when the funding they had recieved dried up and had to dig deep into their personal money to finish off the house.

My clients have finished this house with only weekends spent doing the work. The house was restumped, rewired, rebuilt (deck and laundry), landscaped (including a 20 mt driveway), -prepped and painted, new flooring in kitchen. These were all the big thigs they have done to this house.

The hard work has paid off, here are the stats:

Before Renovation :

Purchase: 250K
Rent: $220
Yeild: 4.5%

After Renovation

Puchase: 250K
Costs: 50K (this includes holding and puchase costs + reno)
Total costs: 300K

Rent:250per week
Yeild:4.3 (not too bad)

Value of house from improvements:
(REA x 2)
330-380K so lets take a middle figure of say 350K

Total money made = approx 50K
Total time taken= 4.5 Months (mostly weekends)

I would like to say how fantastic the house looks and once our site is redesigned and their photos are up (both before and after) you can also check it out. At this stage my clients are just so relieved it has finished, I think they are still in a state of shock. The male client is still on christmas break and has itchy feet (after 1 week from finishing the house) that he has been offsiding for his son (carpenter).

Hope you are all making heaps of money and having fun doing it:)

Commendation of services

Hi fellow investors

After having spent some time perusing the forum for answers as to how best I was going to overcome the hurdles of an overheated Sydney market late last year, I decided to take on the services of Judy from Sandcastles Property Solutions.

Yesterday I settled on my (first) QLD property, purchased through Judy.

Being extremely efficient in my approach to the whole property investment process myself, and having a particular regard for exceeding customer's expectations, I have to say that Judy came as a refreshing change to the common attitude of what some call "service" in today's real estate industry, as well as other service oriented environments.

At all times I felt confident she was doing her best for ME, always offering subjective perspectives as to how best a particular purchase might be accounted for. Her breadth of knowledge on the local market was astounding, as was her access to suitable research material to assist me in making informed decisions.

Her attention to every detail meant that I could be assured that even no minor hiccups would occur.

I am so pleased with her business acumen that I will be using Judy as my Property Manager.

Happy investing...
Lustre

Good to see happy customers

would anybody mind indicating why they picked this particular buyers agent

or say why Judy was selected over others with presumably longer track record

thanks

Janfan

Re: Commendation of services

Originally posted by Lustre
Hi fellow investors

After having spent some time perusing the forum for answers as to how best I was going to overcome the hurdles of an overheated Sydney market late last year, I decided to take on the services of Judy from Sandcastles Property Solutions.

Yesterday I settled on my (first) QLD property, purchased through Judy.

Being extremely efficient in my approach to the whole property investment process myself, and having a particular regard for exceeding customer's expectations, I have to say that Judy came as a refreshing change to the common attitude of what some call "service" in today's real estate industry, as well as other service oriented environments.

At all times I felt confident she was doing her best for ME, always offering subjective perspectives as to how best a particular purchase might be accounted for. Her breadth of knowledge on the local market was astounding, as was her access to suitable research material to assist me in making informed decisions.

Her attention to every detail meant that I could be assured that even no minor hiccups would occur.

I am so pleased with her business acumen that I will be using Judy as my Property Manager.

Happy investing...
Lustre
How much was the property?, and what is the rent return ?

Commendation of services

Hi Janfan - In response to your question, I chose Judy over the other Buyer's Agents I had contacted, mostly because of her personalised approach to her business. Judy's follow up (not high-pressure sales) impressed me - I felt I was not just another "sales lead" to her. I don't feel generally that experience is superior to having the right attitude in business.

I also felt she conducted herself in an extremely professional manner in answering the questions in this thread of some of the more experienced investors/administrators on this forum, and this continued in my dealings with her offline.

Hi ABCDiamond - although I am happy to share my (limited) knowledge with anyone keen to learn, I am hesitant to list here exact figures - I don't see how this would help someone make a decision as to whether or not to take on a Buyer's Agent. I will tell you that I purchased in SEQ, at under median house value, at a very good price, which I do not see as having been possible without Judy as my negotiator.

I hope this helps
Lustre

WebSite Updated

Hi Guys

Just a quick reply to let you all know our website has been updated. It now has alot of property investment information aplicable to the SEQLD market.

Hi Jude78
welcome to the forum. :)
What a great way to practice what you love(Finding good Investments.)
You wrote...
"unfortunately due to our bank...we have been capped untill 2004 for valuations so thus we can't borrow anymore...(as mentioned above we have 3 properties) we just bought our last 2 mths ago!!"
Maybe you could pick the brains of some of our resident financial advisors/opinionists as to how you can grow your portfolio at a faster rate. Then you might be able to pick up some more deals for yourself.
Kind regards
Simon

Back