looking to buy a investment property

Hi,
Can anyone recommend and suburbs I can invest in sydney for potential capital growth & good rental return between 200k to 250k. Homes only.Thanks

Hi Michael,

I'm not from Sydney, but that's a pretty optimistic wish list I would have thought.

A house for $250k in Sydney is going to be hard enough, but then with good CG and RR makes it a little more difficult.

Would you consider something outside of Sydney? Perhaps to the West?

Michael

There is not a great deal of houses in Sydney for 250k which I am sure you are aware of. Not too sure what you were hoping for, that someone would upload a house from RE.com and if they did are you going to rush out and buy it. I think if you are wanting to stay in NSW you are going to have to stick with regional areas. The fact you want Growth and good return ( without knowing rough figures) I think you are asking for far too much. Try doing some DD & research yourself instead.

Jezza

Prhaps michael's opening up discussion ? I thought he was curious to hear about people' sopinons of areas which could be of interest which he might then be able to follow up on.. Sometimes a starting point is what I need.

Sorry Michael, I'm form Perth (and none the wiser aobut that market too!)

The Dept. of Housing are selling off a lot of their stock at a set rate each month. Some of this stock is in desirable suburbs with historicly good CG. Typically $200-250K 3 brm brick homes 20 - 25 years old and in need of a reno. On the NSW Central Coast just north of Sydney.

I as the person that took the first shot Michael will give you a heads up ( I am definitley not the Guru nor ever will be), this is one of a number of forum sites, there is a number of good quality magazines monthly, plethora of books and lots of RE websites. Please look through all of this meterial and understand your own situation better. It is not in your best interest to have someone here pick out a location/ property and have you go and buy it. Work out what your goals with property is. For some it is growth and they are willing to take a hit each month while others are not concerned about growth as long as the property is making them a couple of dollars each month.
Jezza

You are going to need to go western sydney if you want a free standing house.

Starting at areas such as Whalan, Dharruk, Hebersham & surrounds.

As for return and CG who knows.

Back