Loose sliding door frame

Hi all
Received the following from PM today regarding a townhouse:" Your tenant has reported that the frame on the back sliding door has come loose around the wall as well as the sliding door itself being loose when opening and closing. What are your instructions?"

In the past its been simple stuff like replace hot water system, replace dishwasher, seal shower and a multitude of plumbing issues. I did notice in January the door frame seemed a bit dodgy, which I suppose has resulted in the sliding door being loose.
Is this a simple fix or something major? Should i request quotes if over $x ?
Thanks, nat

I've had this happen to entire frame and it was a ***** to fix.
Ended up having to lift the roof and add some brackets to the top and attach them to existing battens.

I was still getting movement around the lock. Was unable to get any fixing as the overlap from the door to brick was too small. Ended up solving it by getting a color matched piece of 90deg angle and putting it down the edge.

Loose door itself is probably the rollers collapsed, worn, or need adjusting. Normally fairly simple if you know what type has to be installed for that brand door, but may require pulling it out, checking then going for the replacements.

Once the rollers give way the door drops down which means it does not line up with lock. That causes extra movement in the frame every time they slam it closed.

If the frame is loose then the sides of the frame need to be exposed and refixed to the brickwork/framing. Possible cause - rusted fixings.

Sounds like reference to body corporate in the first instance as it is an external door (albeit within your lot).

Thanks very much everyone
Hope its not as complicated as yours doovalacky. Fingers crossed.
Snoopy and Scott - didn't even think of BC. I contacted PM to request she check it out with the body corp so she is getting back to me. Guess its a security issue for tenants so it needs fixing quickly.
Thanks again, nat

PM has come back with body corp not responsible so hopefully wont be a huge fix up cost. Guess i will ask her to get someone to have a look and get some quotes if it appears expensive. Cheers, nat

Back