losing my reno mojo

well - not losing my classic touch and ability to put together a pretty darn good reno ... and after around 4 months of renovating we're nearly finished. the kitchen is finished, the bathroom is in, painting 90% done, floorboards sanded, garden taking shape, deck down etc.

there are still the numerous little jobs that need doing, such as filling and painting that last bit of skirting board, painting the hall cupboard door, priming and painting that repaired window frame, putting on the deck railings and fly screens, painting under the eaves (and a hundred more) ... but i cannot be bothered.

the end is in sight and it just seems such a bit step to finish all those dicky little jobs. it's not that i don't want to finish because i'm busting to move onto the next project, and told myself i can't until i finish this - but my mo just won't go.

i really slacked off the last two days - and generally do a completely non-reno day once a week ... but i am sooooo tempted just to pay the handyman to come and work for me for a couple of weeks and be done with it.

sigh - back to painting the front window now that i've had my lunch and vent.

Paying the handy man for the last week or so work sounds like a plan to me.

Use that time getting your "Mo Jo" back and more time to think about the next project etc.

Either way, your an inspiration. Love reading your posts. :D

Cheers

Mick

I understand! I can go out and work all day on an IP, but the PPOR, well, there are so many otherr things to do. Over the years I have learnt to live with a half finished house. I cannot recall one house we have lived in that ever got finished, except the last one, and that was because it became an IP. The tenants are the ones with everything done.:eek:

We finished our old house at top speed only when it got put up for rental. Took years otherwise.

This house still has some unpainted window frames, no skirtings in the kitchen, back wall needs new weatherboard (a must-do before selling - the OUTSIDE of the house is done in bright orange masonite on one wall) and we need to dig a really big hole which is currently barely 1/4 done.

Will probably get it done when we turn up the heat to sell the place. Don't 'need' to do it now. But the plumber is booked so that hole has a deadline now. Deadlines work wonders for mojo.

nope - finish it yourself.

dig deep, find the drive, and get on with it.

it's not what you went into the game to do, is it?

lissie

Write a list and select one little job to day each day. I find I gt more done when I can put a line through the jobs done each day.

The days where I don't write a list just seem to go...

Many years ago - hubby wouldn't finish off anything so I wrote a list and started off with the smallest job.

Might have to write him another list for our house!

Sheryn

lissie

Write a list and select one little job to day each day. I find I gt more done when I can put a line through the jobs done each day.

The days where I don't write a list just seem to go...

Many years ago - hubby wouldn't finish off anything so I wrote a list and started off with the smallest job.

Might have to write him another list for our house!

Sheryn

Yep this is the way to go, because at the moment it seems like to much and all fiddley.
Take a day off and wonder around the place and make the list.
You will be quite surprised how quickly you get through the list.
come on come on you can do it.
cheer
yadreamin

yes - i will do most of it myself ... however did have the painter working next door over to give me a quote to do the eaves. they are the old board (groove) type so need to be handpainted - he said it'd take 2.5 days and cost $x. he'll get that job.

also booked the handyman in for one day or work - he'll put up all the timber screening in the yard, the clothesline and hopefully start on the railing formwork.

they are both quick workers with a good ethic.

as for the rest - it's up to me. i was planning a gap filling and painting day tomorrow, but just got a call that my massive 10m3 truckload of mulch (for $99 from the tree lopper) is on it's way, so guess i'll be mulching all the gardens instead.

sheryn is right - i just need to mentally make a plan to do xyz each day to get in the frame of mind.

sheryn is right - i just need to mentally make a plan to do xyz each day to get in the frame of mind.

I find listing the work to be done and prioritising them in numerical order helps me to deal with what really needs to be done for the day. Do nothing else until that item first in the order of priority is put out of the way. It helps not to befuddled by the thoughts of other things that need to be done when you have put them in order of priority already. This one thing at a time gets done. Hope you get your mo jo back!

Back