Lots of money - what to do with it?

My BS detector just got overloaded and fizzed out.

Peaked!

1c72985.jpg

I think this is star of David
It's got all his hallmarks - especially the 400k in perpetuity; Seemingly without professional advisors.
Not his fault- the forum moderators kicked him out...

I think he should split it evenly among the top 5 female posters! Obviously we'd know what to do with it, since we buy more houses than shoes! :D

I think this is star of David
It's got all his hallmarks - especially the 400k in perpetuity; Seemingly without professional advisors.
Not his fault- the forum moderators kicked him out...

You wouldn't make a good profiler. This is definitely not SOD.

Hallmarks? SOD was assertive - and told people what they should be doing....not asking. This OP, whilst likely a sock puppet account, shows no signs of assertion.

Besides, there's no mention of Mushie, pawnbrokers, wet shoes or demanding REAs take their offer!

pinkboy

You wouldn't make a good profiler. This is definitely not SOD.

Hallmarks? SOD was assertive - and told people what they should be doing....not asking. This OP, whilst likely a sock puppet account, shows no signs of assertion.

Besides, there's no mention of Mushie, pawnbrokers, wet shoes or demanding REAs take their offer!

pinkboy

Hehe fair enuff.
I still think the moderators should allow starofdavid back to the forums.

OK - just to set the record straight with all you non-believers out there - I have read your posts and I know my situation is amazing but its completely the truth and the money is expected to be ongoing for a long time and get to even bigger distributions and this has been occurring for the last 4 years so I'm now at the point of having almost paid of my home loan and I'm thinking what to do with it.

After I have paid of the home loan, I can keep injecting the money into the ASX into blue chips which is what I like to do - I do occasionally buy a risky stock that I know a lot about which is Qantas - I bought them at $1.50 - last time I checked they were priced at about $3.08 so I've done well there and I'm confident they will continue to rise since I work in the industry.

But I would like to consider what other investment ideas, strategies etc are out there and what others are doing and I appreciate most of the feedback given to date.

I think I might see a financial adviser this week. I've done a bit of research in the Brisbane area which is where I am and Tupicoffs along with Eureka Whittaker Macnaught looks like a good choice - what do others think???

I think I might see a financial adviser this week. I've done a bit of research in the Brisbane area which is where I am and Tupicoffs along with Eureka Whittaker Macnaught looks like a good choice - what do others think???

I can vouch for P3 fin planning in indooroopilly, the adviser there I know Jim penner actually used to work at Whittaker.

HF, make sure you work out rough ideas of for your investment timeframe, risk tolerance, structure and what not.

I was on the fence as to whether or not you were legit, but then that Qantas call had me confused again.

In case you are legit, - airlines are terrible investments! Sure, QAN has been a great trade at the moment due to the oil price drop. And maybe they will continue to rise in the short term. But not a long term investment. Google Warren Buffett, hotline, and investing in airlines to hear what he thinks about them

Don't care what Warren Buffet thinks. Its about what I've read about QAN in the papers and what contracts they had coming up as well as the oil prices.

Of course there not solid performers over the long term and have hit rock bottom when I bought them at the price I did - I took a gamble that they wouldn't go under and yes they are a short term investment so I think I've done well. I can afford to risk $10,000 and ride it out - would I invest $100,000 in them - no.

I took a gamble that they wouldn't go under and yes they are a short term investment so I think I've done well. I can afford to risk $10,000 and ride it out - would I invest $100,000 in them - no.

Ok I am glad you stated the amounts, and yes you have taken a gamble, remember Ansett going under, most thought it would never go under, so no company is without risk? Why then gamble with your finances?
Set a strategy, buy up IPs and just let the market do it's thing. If you can afford buy then BLUE CHIP IPs, or at least in blue chip areas, and then just do nothing and let the time do it's thing......

Pay off your loan and keep dollar cost averaging into shares with dividends perhaps via a discretionary trust.

You don't need property hassles, I wouldn't leverage you don't need it, and enjoy a nice lifestyle. Dividend cheques twice a year with no effort on your part.

HF, when you see Tupicoff ask him if it's OK to finish work on a Friday and restart in the same job as a contractor on the following Monday? Man, he took on the ATO in a big way many years ago. Legendary case.

Back