Love him or hate him?

But he is not playing in one market, he is playing in many markets, they do not all rise and fall at the same time. When one is going sideways, he is recommending other markets that are rising:)

Also, timing is everything, he also promotes cash flow positive, he could use this to his advantage, buying in depressed markets where cash flow is strong, that would be the focus, not growth..... take a bite at each end, so to speak;)

Last edited:
I'm also not a fan of this quote from the article

Purchasing BMV is pointless if the market is declining, because if the market continues to decrease then it will no longer be BMV it will just be market value.

Buying BMV is great as long as the area you're buying in still has good growth drivers, no point buying something discounted if thats going to be the new price soon.

Not necessarily - the whole idea buying under BMV at any point in time is to access the equity as soon as you can and buy again, at the same time ensuring yields are high enough to cover holding costs including refinance. Over a short period you can build a large portfolio and essentially "wait" for the market to move whilst being able to stomach any minor decreases.

I like how the article is titled "this man can make you rich" but no mention of binvested in the article itself to try and maintain credibility, but at the same time making people instinctively google his name....seems like another plug to me.

I like how the article is titled "this man can make you rich" but no mention of binvested in the article itself to try and maintain credibility, but at the same time making people instinctively google his name....seems like another plug to me.

So do you think he contacted the newspaper and offered them the story along with the title? Do you think it was paid advertising masquerading as a news story?

Well publicity is always good. Usually with these media articles they do a profile on said person and then that person also puts in an advertisement next to that article so it's a win-win.

Im jealous and envy Nath's position.Haters will hate,simple.

Avoid trying to time the market. I never consider if this is the right time to buy. I look at what I can make a profit from in the current market

I have no problem with this quote,i'm about to stitch one up ner ner naysayers.

Not easy to be in the media spotlight and do well so good luck to him. Wish more Gen Y had his attitude as I find many quite disillusioned and choose to blame the baby boomers rather than make something of themselves.

Thankfully there are a heap of young investors on the forum right now, that aren't blaming anyone else, they are just getting in there & getting the job done. I admire that!

I admire the guy. I can see myself following in his footsteps. One day I'll own all the houses on Forrester Rd including that new sub divsion in Ropes Crossing and also that Masters Warehouse. Butn I'll steer clear of Nth St Marys (rivals).

Good on him. No doubt some of the numbers are inflated (rent, MV/comparables) at times, but hats off to him for what he has achieved.

Gutsy enough to give it a crack when many were hoping he would fail.

Interesting to read this thread. Nothing in this article surprises me. Nathan was already well along the way when I first got into property investment and discovered this forum quite a few years ago. He is a 'serious' investor, and puts a lot of time and effort to do it well.

From memory the $35,000 property he got in Ipswich was in an over 50's complex or something of that sort, it was in one of his videos. Said it was not a property he usually goes for but apparently the rent was alot. There was also abit of drama going on with it, something was waiting to be resolved and there was a chance it might not be, hence why he got it so cheap I think.
Don't hold me to it, but pretty sure it was along those lines somewhat.

Karina (investor with top thread 23 properties in 5 years), also from Sydney emailed the article to me, another successful lady:)

Wish she would also post her latest ventures.

Cheers
MTR:)

Agreed, it's always nice to hear success stories

Saw this in a recent article regarding the portfolio

Nice Portfolio

Attachments

• Nathan.JPG
    Nathan.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 172
I think his property investing is fantastic ... from memory ... in the early days he put in some really hard work - buying fire damaged houses - buying vandalised houses - buying stuff that was "to hard" for anyone else for a pittance.

He'd then bring in his carefully selected crew - who I gather traveled the country with him fixing up these dumps - living in some godawful conditions until they were finished and moved on ... and reaping the benefits.

Good on him for taking the bull by the balls - not something many would be keen to do.

Not to sure about how he's moved into the "advice" side ... that seems to be the downfall of many successful investors - Peter Span, Steve McKnight et al

So do you think he contacted the newspaper and offered them the story along with the title? Do you think it was paid advertising masquerading as a news story?

This is how most "news" works. PR companies go fishing for outlets to run their clients' stories.

It is possible he was sought out, but very unlikely.

Big fan of the properties he's purchased for himself

not a fan of his advising/"buyer's agent" business...anyone in that position would be keeping the cream for themselves and still don't agree with him charging $10k+ for what really is not a proper buyer's agent service IMO

I have noticed binvested is re-uploading videos on youtube of nathan purchasing properties from 4 years ago after that whole debacle last year of him removing them all as he was being caught out with properties that he never purchased or he made losses on..... sneaky imo as its made to look like he just purchased them recently to snag new clients

Back